Experiences on creating Telegram's Bots?

Hi there everyone,

Just a quick question, did someone of you ever experienced programming bots for telegram?
I need it for a side project and i’m looking for something similar to Thunkable, like a no-code or low-code software that has access to API calls of course.

I tried a few but i’m not really find something i’m looking for.

Hi @maurizio.polverini89

Yes, I know to make Telegram Bots and to send messages VIA API

First, create a Bot through BOT FATHER’S Telegram Channel (Only use the official one)
Enter Name and username of the Bot,
You’ll get the BOT ID. Then Create a New Channel or Group in which Bot would be available, add Bot as a Member,
copy the ChatID from the URL In the Browser
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 3.13.16 PM
Now from this HTTPS Request , you can send messages in that Channel through the Bot

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.telegram.org/bot_id/sendMessage?chat_id=-chat_id&text=Hello%2Bworld'

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 3.14.54 PM
You can view more API’s in Telgram’s API Docs, like Retrieving Messages, and More

Thanks, whoocoder

Thank you for your time replying,

I was actually looking for a low-code software that helped me to create a bot that allows me to do some API calls automatically, without sendind messages manually

Do you have any reliable softwares name in mind?

Thank you very much

Do you want to create a Bot that Automatically Replies to the user when he sends any message to the bot?

Ideally my bot will need to be able to:

• talk to Airtable (or any similar online database)
  • talk to instagram (i already have tested the API calls that i need)

The main function will be to show the users a certain cell in the database and collaborate with instagram to update it.
Something like: if users like ad instagram post, the bot will check and update a value in the online database, giving a response (and probably a little reward).

Something like this, i know there are already bots that perform similar actions, but i’d like to create my own and get some experience on it.

Thank you for your time

You Must try Botpress then!
It’s the Best Telegram Bot Builder (In my Opinion)
You can easily send API Request ( through Code Language Requests not in cURL ) , Insert Records, And Easily use Functions as it is a Type of Workflow.

1 Like

i’ll try that, thank you very much!

1 Like