Error IAP RevenueCat: The receipt is not valid, bug in StoreKit

Hi there,

i recently installed RevenueCat in one of my app. It was just working fine, i tested in TestFlight and it was working. I sent it yesterday for rewieng, but it got rejected from Apple as they experienced an error:

The receipt is not valid. The purchased product was missing in the receipt. This is typically due to a bug in StoreKit.

I looked on internet and in the RevenueCat community, especially this post here, but it seems like the solution is something i can’t change?

Let me know if you have any experiences on this and how can i solve it
Lookig forward for kind asnwers

Thank you

Hello @maurizio.polverini89
Thank you for reporting this issue. We have flagged it to our team and will provide an update as soon as possible.

Hopefully this can be helpful too:

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs which create a poor user experience. Specifically, the app displayed an error message when we tapped on “Acquista piano professionale” and we were unable to continue. Please review the details and resources below and complete the next steps.

Review device details:

• Device type: iPad Air (5th generation)
  • OS version: iOS 17.3.1

Next Steps

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code “Sandbox receipt used in production,” you should validate against the test environment instead.

Resources

Hello @maurizio.polverini89
Thank you for your patience.
We have flagged it to our engineering team. We’re committed to finding a resolution quickly, and we will keep you updated as soon as there is any progress.
It seems to be an issue with IAP and we will need to update our platform. We don’t have a specific timeline for that yet.

Does this mean IAP has an issue and I should not use it. I have not use IAP EVER, was planning to use it. Should I drop that plan for now. Or it is just an error on a specific instant

update:

Apparently the issue got solved from Apple side (at least mine).
So i’d suggest you to continue with IAP component

1 Like