Donwloaded app behaving differently from live app

Hi, there I am testing an app that should connect through ble to a device in order to make a fan spin according to an user input schedule.
I have finished developing the app and it works great on the live demo, but when i download it, either for ios or android the app doesn’t behave correctly; the navigation between screens stops working with certain buttons, list viewer datas do not get refreshed, all these features work fine on the demo live app, I have been looking extensively at my code to spot some mistakes and can’t seem to find any, also why should the code be broken just whe the app gets downloaded? Could this be a bug or am I missing something?

Which version of Thunkable Live app do you have installed? Are you on iOS or Android?

2 Likes

I believe he said he tried both if I understood it correctly.

1 Like

@muneer yeah, a.sa sure did. Sorry for missing that detail. I am still interested to know the version of Thunkable Live (and I just rechecked that is NOT in the original post). :slight_smile: Given the large scale problem with the data source blocks being broken on current Live and current downloads (but working OK for older versions of Live), I wondered if perhaps that was going on here.

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for your input and sorry for the late answer:
I have double checked and in fact had an older version no 26901, I subsequently updated it to version no 27901 and i still have a functional app on Thunkable Live, is there a problem with downloads that the community is aware of? How should I adress the problem? I had managed to download and older version of my app that is still working correctly both for ios and android, though the newer version has some user experience enhacements that i am looking forward to get feedbacks from.

1 Like

Yes, everything (web, downloads, and live versions 276/278) has a problem with the purple data source blocks. That might not be your problem but unless you aren’t using any data sources it seems likely.

They fixed web about 12 hours ago and there’s a report that live version 279 (not yet released for ios) fixes the problem. Download servers were still giving bad code 12 hours ago, but it’s possible they have been fixed. Without communication, it’s hard for anyone here to tell you anything about the timeline.

There are several forum threads discussing the problem and also GitHub bugs.

3 Likes

Yes i am using data sources extensively, as previously stated I have updated to version 279 but now I am getting problems even with the older version of the app, like you see in the picture, if I click on the confirm button I cannot even get the app to navigate to screen1, all the functions use data sources so I guess that’s the problem, because clicking the cancel button works fine. Could you suggest me a thread to stay updated with new reports? In a way it is a relief to understand is not a mistake on my end, Thank you !

1 Like