[Solved] 'Create row' block problem

Update: I just updated Thunkable Live to 276-1 and now Live is also broken. 271 worked, 276 does not.

The issue affects both the delete all rows and create row blocks, on all platforms.

2 Likes

@jane @domhnallohanlon @Thunkable_Staff

They are key features in our apps, please fix them ASAP, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @catsarisky,

Thanks for this clear description of the issue at hand.

Let me know if this is correct:
For the Data Sources blocks Create Row and Delete All Rows, the blocks inside the ‘then do’ section of these blocks will not execute. This behavior is not seen with other Data Source blocks.

Is this correct?

3 Likes

Hi @jane.

Both the blocks within the “then do” AND the blocks that come AFTER the data source blocks don’t execute.

I’ve got sample projects demonstrating the issue posted with the Github bugs. In the example below, NEITHER label1 nor label2 gets changed. (However, the row does get created.)

I have not comprehensively tested other data source blocks. But yeah, let me test and add some additional data (all are iOS, Live version 276-1):

• Get row object and get value seem to be fine.
  • Update value updates the value but doesn’t execute code that comes after it. BROKEN.
  • Can’t test delete all rows with anything other than local database, so haven’t tested it.
  • List of values is fine as is number of rows
6 Likes

Let me comment on Delete All Rows which works only the first time the app runs and all subsequent trials fail.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, I have an update. The create block row is running correctly for me on a web app, so I would give the create and clear blocks a try. I am waiting to test it on native apps. It is not working on Live yet with app V278.

UPDATE
At this point, iOS Native, Android Native, and Thunkable Live are still not working on my end.

4 Likes

if everything works perfectly as before :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :smiley: :smiley: :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks for the detail!

A fix has been published and is in effect for web apps and built apps. The Thunkable Live app has been updated on the Play Store, and the Thunkable Live app for iOS has an update pending.

2 Likes

Thanks. Is there somewhere we should be looking for announcements that I’m missing?

The status page never changed.
It’s been 18 days with no Thunkable staff activity on GitHub.

There’s been no “yes, everything is broken” announcement here on the forums.

No pop-up on the designer screens.

Meanwhile, if these forums are any indication, lots of your users perplexed and frustrated because apps have suddenly stopped working.

I just paid for a year of Thunkable Pro earlier this week. I think it’s reasonable to expect that either the service I’m paying for will be functional OR I will receive swift communication that the problem is being worked on and an estimate of when it will be functional.

8 Likes

It has been frustrating for me and detrimental to my company.

I did an update to my larger client application, in which, due to the thunkable flaw, it damaged the main functions of the distribution system (to which I did not even modify the code blocks). Hundreds of companies were left without delivery service. The deliverers have run out of profits. As a developer, I have spent days and hours changing all the processes in which I used the blocks that are broken today and still cannot stabilize the systems. I have been a PRO user for about 3 years and I am disappointed, nobody gives a solution, the support does not respond and those of us who trust Thunkable for large projects have no solution.

I just wanted to do my downloads on stressful days and let you know the damage that a platform failure can cause.

5 Likes

It’s not working why?
I am trying to downloaded app on ios 14.

2 weeks ago it was work?
Basically Create row on airtable.

1 Like

We’re all waiting for Thunkable to fix the problem of create row.

1 Like

How many days are you waiting?

1 Like

Not long in terms of days. We are in the second day. However, in terms of deliveries we need to make and the hours of testing a good code that was not working, It is tooooo long to wait

2 Likes

@jane stealth updated her post above saying that it’s fixed and rolled out for everything but iOS Live. Since it was an edit, those of us following the thread didn’t get a notification of it, so I’m posting here for those following.

It’s probably time for someone who is waiting for this functionality to return to test downloaded apps again.

3 Likes

Downloaded app doesn’t work on iOS.

Aw crud @skulamester . I’m going to build to confirm but @jane, it sounds like we’re not fixed yet.

Which block did you test, @skulamester?

Delete all rows block doesn’t work for me, @catsarisky. Waiting for your experience as well. Will try in an another project too and head back to you.

Version 279 of Live just became available for iOS. You’ll want to manually update if you’re anxious to have access to it.

Create row now works (both code in the ‘do’ and after the whole block) in Live on iOS. I tested with local and with sheets - presumably it also works for airtable.

Update row works on google sheets in Live on iOS. (Others not tested - I’m assuming the fix addressed all three database options that use this block.)

Delete row works on google sheets in Live on iOS. (See above)

delete all rows is only an option for local database, so testing is a little trickier since reloading the app should reset the local database to default. The best way to test is perhaps to put the values in a dataviewer. I did that, with three rows (creatively a 1 , b 2 , and c 3). I bound them to the dataviewer. Oddly, instead of the local DB showing up in the dataviewer, I got some very stale data (peaches and bananas) from an earlier test. I killed and restarted Live a couple times without getting it to get the current data that I could see by clicking the data source in the designer. Finally, I gave up and triggered the button that deletes rows, which deleted the wrong rows from the dataviewer. I killed and restarted Thunkable Live, but when I restarted it, the rows were still gone, so the wrong data is apparently cached again and not reset by Thunkable Live. I had to uninstall and reinstall Thunkable Live to get it to reset the cache. I don’t think this means “Delete row” is broken, but it does mean that Thunkable Live is not resetting data properly.

In other news, I downloaded an iOS app and I’m seeing broken behavior for create row. So maybe the iOS build servers are not yet up to date? @jane , your message above seemed to say the build servers were fixed. Maybe not yet? I’ll queue another download to confirm…

4 Likes

Hey everyone, to bounce off @catsarisky . Here is a test app with everything at once. I am also attaching a preview of a web test I did with this app. All blocks seem to be working in Web except the get row value seems to be having an issue. Let me know what you find.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/3dfbf132514b0ea4526d2328bf72c44f

2 Likes