Debugging..Issue with multiple Audio file

The issue with audio file keep playing the latest input file was really bugging me … I tried different ways to try alternative way/workaround and here is my summary. I am hoping here someone can chime in to help based on my experiments

Things which did not work

1. Tried … stop audio block before and after play button … did not work.
  2. Tried …delay wait block before and after did not work
  3. Converted all files to different format ogg, wav, MP4 … form mp3 … did not work
  4. Passed to play (null) or play blank text box… before and after play… did not work
  5. Instead of file block passed file name using text box did not work.
  6. Uploaded files to claudinary loaded url as input did not work
  7. Instead of play tried resume block did not work

Partially working solution

1. Used video component instead of sound … this works but there is delay before file is played… also looping is delayed .

2. Instead passing file directly. Passed value using url of uploaded file block … this work but there is delay in uploading and then getting url.

Thunkable team

1. Can sound component be in the design block so that multiple players can be added each assigned to multiple audio files. Like video component
  2. Can you add block for looping or releasing or assigning audio file to sound blocks

Let’s discuss any other workarounds you can think for this issue…

Thank you

Thanks for taking the time to check all of this, @beatbaba7leb. I know this is a frustrating issue.

Once we get the issues with the bugs figured out, this will be a prime use-case for Custom Components. We’ve expanded our team a bit and so we’ll start to see more Custom Components being shared here in our Community soon as this person gets ramped up.

Same as above, we’d probably use the blocks we currently have to create a method and some parameters inside the Custom Component to be able to do this.

1 Like