[SOLVED] How to play multiple audio files in series

Hello All,

I have multiple audio files broken down by chapters and they have to play one after the other. Now what happens is, all of them take off in parallel. How to put a condition that they happen in series. Thanks.

I talked with knowledgeable people and there is no easy solution to this other then measure each file duration and put a wait block. One got to be careful about this. Even the following did not work. It should go to to the Do only after play is done, but as I said there is a bug.
@ioannis I will file a bug report after a day or two if I dont hear from anyone and then close this. Thanks to all who looked it.

This is a known bug: "Then Do" part of Sound component's play function executes immediately not after sound done playing · Issue #1233 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub

Please comment on it and add a link to this topic so that Support knows it’s affecting multiple people.

There is also at least one feature request for a block that would trigger after a sound finished playing: No way of knowing if sound playing is done · Issue #1235 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub

1 Like

You have an amazing memory @tatiang !! I did as you said. So this is closed. If anyone is interested in a workaround this is what I did. Put some accumulative sleep. There is a fraction of a second issue but it is ignorable.

1 Like