Data Viewer Grid; Updating Photos

Background Information
I have 7 bases in airtable for the 7 different continents. In each base, there are various tables (it is not consistent for each base). In each table, there are various records (it is not consistent for each table) that has an image link.

Here are two images showcasing this:

What I Want to Accomplish
I want to change the photos in my data viewer grid when the screen opens.

Question
How can I change the “Data source” and “Table” on the Data Viewer Grid component?

Thank you for your time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can’t. These are design time properties and not available at run time to modify.

You can’t. I wish you could but here are two other options:

1. Structure the data so that it’s in a single data source but separated into continents. This is easy to do in Firebase, and harder in Airtable or Google Sheets.

2. Create multiple data sources and hide 6 of them at a time. I’ve done this 2-3 data sources and it’s a pain but effective.

2 Likes

Great, thank you for your suggestions! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there a way for me to connect firebase real-time DB to airtable so that when something changes on the database, it would also change on airtable?

I want to do this because the data viewer does not grab data from firebase.

I’m dealing with this issue right now. I have data in Firebase and in a DVL. My solution was to transfer the data from Firebase to a local table and not use Google/Airtable.

I don’t know a way to automate what you’re describing. But you can just manually set it up by creating the key:value pair in Firebase at the same time you create a row in Airtable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.