Air Table real time data changed event?

hi

I use google sheets as a data source to update a data_viewer list I use a timer it works as long as its content is text (I could of course see a photo by clicking the item in the data_viewer list) but I would like to see the photo directly
is it possible with Air Table ?

2 Likes

If you link a Data Viewer List (DVL) to an Airtable table then you can select a photo column as one of the mapped fields in the DVL.

1 Like

If i understand correctly, this works the same in Google sheet and in Airtable. The image will show automatically if it is linked to the image component in the Data Viewer List.

hi

this is what I tried with google sheets but in the photo column of my table these are links and loop through links that point to photos it causes flickering
the solution would it be to download the photos on the device?

1 Like

This will be subject to the internet speed of the device, the size of the image and the response speed of the server where the image is saved.

so if i understand correctly i should turn to firebase, but apart from sign in i don’t see any other blocks referring to firebase

1 Like

If you are using DnD UI then Firebase can be referenced by using Cloud Variables.

how to access DnD UI ?

1 Like

If you see this in the left side of the screen then it is the DnD UI

But if you see this then it is the StP UI

I was using DnD UI.
it looks like the blocks referring to firebase require a pro account
because I don’t always see the firebase blocks

1 Like

There are no Firebase blocks in DnD UI. Use the Cloud Variables instead of the Firebase blocks.

The free and PRO account has the same components.

hi

ok i ended up finding thanks to your explanations

the above block allows me to store email and name info in the “connected” project bucket
but I don’t see which cloud variable to associate with “connected” to use the block
when cloud variable initializes or changes

1 Like

Let me try to clarify.
I have this in my database

If I want to monitor the changes in the Students key then I need to create a cloud variable that points to that key.

Once this is done, I can now use the Initializes of changes block for that variable.

This is just an example. In this block you will enter the blocks to control what you want to do.

You can not use the Initializes or changes block with dynamic variables such as these

1 Like

i have good news, it’s working !

on the other hand, getting the time and date at an instant T always causes me problems sometimes the time is displayed in the spreadsheet as text and therefore I cannot calculate the difference between the exit time and the time entrance

1 Like

Good work.
Yes, Firebase is the quickest to respond and free and can store much more data with lots of flexibility.