Data Source Blocks Down

Since around 12:00 PM IST, the Get Value fromColumn for Row ID data source blocks are down. I clicked on the highlighted bookmark button here:

This is the code that it triggered:

The debug with display is nothing but displaying a function-input in a label and then waiting one second. I also display a list of IDs from my data table in a list-viewer just to see that there are still rows. I have also tried displaying a list of values from the column Name, I can see all the values.
But, when I click that bookmark button, the text in my label changes to null, but I get the IDs in my list-viewer. Are other people facing this problem?

I don’t think it’s related to the ‘live preview not working’ complaints as I had that too, but it stopped yesterday and the app has been properly since then.

2 Likes

This returns 0.

@domhnallohanlon @jane

2 Likes

When I run this code:

this is what I see:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by the last post. The green block is supposed to be the List Viewer. Is it correct to show to items?

2 Likes

Sorry about that. I was trying to show the function which was supposed to display the clicked row id but instead displays some (JavaScript?) code at the top of the screen (highlighted).

2 Likes

I just made a quick check with my data viewer sample app (Shopping Example) and it works correctly.

can you just display the green block row id directly to a label without going through the debug function?

1 Like

Sure, let me that right now.

1 Like

No, I still have the same output.

1 Like

Can you try my sample app and see if you get the same result
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5fb9fb1dbfeb240011084d78

1 Like

No, I don’t get the same result. I’m able to see all the names from the database.

1 Like

So, is it an issue of a corrupted project or something similar.

1 Like

Oh no! Would duplicating the project work?

1 Like

I don/t really know but you need to try every possible twisted wicked way to get it to work correctly :blush: :grin:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I’ll do my best to restore it. It is a huge project in fact (I guess over 600 blocks) so remaking it would be a painful and mammoth task.

1 Like

I have tried duplicating it but there is still the same project. I also tried copying the latest link of the project that I sent in the community, but there is toooooo much work lost.

1 Like

If you have another account then try copying the URL of your project then open the URL from the other account and try it.

1 Like

I do not have a second account but I will open one to try. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I just tried it out but there is no difference. I still get the code in the label after clicking the bookmark button. Also, after adding this bookmark feature, the entire process of fetching data from the api and displaying it in a DVL has turned very slow. Earlier, i used to get about 10 entires in 2-3 seconds but now it takes about 7-10 seconds or maybe even more to get a single entry.

1 Like

It’s time to look into the local table itself. Maybe the issue is in the table. Can you create another local table and have your code to populate it and run the verification on it.

Maybe nothing wrong with the project codes but just a corrupted local table.

1 Like

Those values shown on your list happens to me when a local database is corrupted (or missing) from apps. It happens when you import some from other apps. Just to make sure, create a new local table and drag again blocks from it (dont just copy old blocks or select new made table from dropdown list from old blocks).

2 Likes