Data List/Airtable blocks

Hi. NewThunker here. I have hit a block barrier> I cannot find the correct elements to use in my blocks.
I have a screen to enable users to see the data they have stored, through the app, on Airtable.
On the docs database I am guided to start with:
“When the screen opens” then “Set List Viewer1’s” “Text items” [Greren] to “List of values in myAirtable” in “Table 1” in “Field 1” [Purple]
My problem is I cannot find these elements mentioned above. Where should I be looking?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @michael.ross.140137, Welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

I assume you have already added your Airtable database as a data source into your project (If not, here’s how to do it). Now, in the blocks area click on Data Sources, and drag the highlighted block (below) into your workspace :

Then you can select your Airtable Data Source, your Table, and the Field you want to retrieve the data from. (‘meow’ in the above picture is where you have to select your airtable data source)

Let me know if this helps. Good Luck :blush:

1 Like

kartik14Power Thunker

Thanks for your help. Just what I was looking for. Woode and trees springs to mind.
Michael

2 Likes

Hi @michael.ross.140137, I am glad it worked for you. Please mark my post as image, so the topic would be marked as Solved.

Thanks - Happy Thunking! :tada:

kartik14Power Thunker

Now I want to create a total score for all of the relevant values. How does the maths work in Thunkable, or should I do that in Aitable and call the result back?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi! If the list you have comprises of numbers, then you can use sum of a list block -

You can read more about the block here : Lists - Thunkable Docs

Let me know if this helps. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

Just a note:
The List of values block will always return text even if the values in Airtable are numbers.

1 Like

Oh, if that’s the case, then @michael.ross.140137 I think you should do as you said earlier :

1 Like

kartik14

and muneer:
Thanks for your help. As I am in New zealand there is a time lag. Will be testing your help tomorrow, and will let you know.
Again, thanks
Michael

3 Likes