I’ve been trying to figure something out for a few days with no luck so wanted to ask the community.
What I’m trying to do:
From a list of values (stored as a local table), let’s call it a shopping list with category (fruit, pizza, etc) and prices per item. I want to create a second table that aggregates the total price for each category. In excel, this would operate as a sumif function (sumif category value is equal to ‘pizza’.)
Thunkable (link expires 10/2/21)
What I think I’m doing (going down the blocks):
- clearing my second table of any values
- For each item in my clean list (this is a list of category values)
- Set app variable objectcontainer to a row of data from my raw data table
- If the category name is equal to j, build a list of prices from the raw data table
- create a row in my second table that has category (j) and a sum of the list I created above
Other topics I tried:
The topics I could find relate to summing a list, but I couldn’t find anything I could build on when it came to filtering a list prior to summing. Apologies of I missed a good string out there.