Make an expense application

Hi,

I’m a beginner, I just try to create a simple daily expense sheet.
you guys have any suggestion? appreciate it if you could show me the screen and blocks example:grinning:

Hi @sales.zenshinwcz, welcome to Thunkable! Someone may have an example for you but I think it’s best if you show how far you’ve gotten and ask a specific question (like “how do I calculate the sum of ten different numbers” or “how do I get the current time?”).

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion. yeah I’d like to calculate the sum of expense once I add into the list that I’m using the Data viewer list component. not sure that’s work or not.

you could check my project below ;

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/8f7050e923cb5773b812dd2b6c97e574

To find the sum, you can use these blocks:

But first, you need to convert any numbers stored as text to numeric values:

Your sample values will not work unless they are also converted to numbers by adding zero. When text values are summed, they are instead joined. So if you try to add “1” + “2” + “3”, you will get “123”.

4 Likes

If you can make your data in a list then you can use the functions already available

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Hi,

I dis it that way. but once I click the list to edit it then save it, the edited row was not sum. it’s just joint the numbers. how to solve it?

You need to post a link to your project or at least screenshots of your blocks. There’s no way for anyone to know why it’s not working without seeing how you’ve coded it.

Make sure that you’re adding zero to any text input values.

1 Like

Hi, you could see my project blocks as below link ;

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/1f0604dabcd4210a3e7ab1487e72571d

You can’t use sample values because when you enter them in the local data source, they are text strings.

If you do want to use sample values, you need to first convert them from text to numbers.

1 Like

@sales.zenshinwcz
Because the data are stored as text instead of numbers you need to convert each entry into a number before adding them together.

I looked at your code and did this change which fixed the total label in the screen

Hope this explains the issue.

1 Like

Can i get link of expenses peoject…?? @sales.zenshinwcz

Hi,can i get a link to your expense project? I may need some reference if thats okey? thank you

I don’t think the original author of this topic is still active on the forums. It’s been two years. You may want to start a new topic and explain what type of help you’re looking for.