In Thunkable X there is no way to selectively copy components and blocks from one project to another, which is a serious drawback of the platform. But partially this problem can be solved with the help of scripts for automation of actions. To do this, you can use autoclickers with a link to the window and the ability to speed up the playback of the recorded action script. This mechanism works as follows:
- Turn on the binding to the window (so that before playing the script it goes into the state before recording)
- Turn on the script recording
- Create an interface and/or blocks in Thunkable X, and then stop recording
- Open another blank screen in the same project and run the script at increased speed - it will exactly repeat the recorded actions and create a copy of the interface or blocks.
- We save the script if there were no errors during its playback
You can use any suitable autoclicker and browser for recording automation scripts, but if the community has an interest in exchanging scripts, then it will be necessary to agree on standardization of this process. Otherwise, it will take a long time to configure the browser so that the coordinates of the author’s script coincide with the coordinates of the user’s window, since different browsers display the Thukable X interface differently and have different window settings.
To set window options I use AutoHotkey. To record actions - Mouse Recorder Premium. I have not tried playing a complicated interface and blocks yet, but I really liked the work of the automation script to create simple actions.
If someone decides to try this method, then I am ready to share the scripts that I have already created.