Cloning container crashesh in live and published app

Hi

Ive developed an app that reads 48 records from airtable and creates a cloned container to populate its content. This is really a workaround for a DVL as it was performing really slow in published apps. Im using DnD.

The container to clone is composed on a series of columns and elements (labels and image)

When testing in web preview or even in published web-app the app works as expected with and acceptable performance

When testing in live app or published app in AppleStore the app crashesh and when trying with a published app in takes and incredible amount of time (3-5 minutes) in which the app is completely frezzed.

Im currently testing on iPhone13 and on an iPAd Pro with the same results.

Attached the piece of code

It’s complicated code and not something I can debug in a few minutes. If you’re looking for paid help, let me know in a private message.

Otherwise, I have two suggestions:

1. Mobile devices have different processors and memory than desktop/laptop devices. So it’s possible your loop is cycling too fast. Try adding a Wait block to see if that helps.

2. A crash when getting properties is often due to naming a property that does not exist. So you might want to debug this with some delayed statements. I recommend this method: Debugging in Thunkable X (Video)

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Need help on the forums? Make sure to read this: How to ask Great Questions v2.0

Want to hire a Certified Thunkable Expert? Tatian G | Profile | Fiverr

Thanks Tatiang

I would have never thought the issue was in the loop perfomance, indeed it looks its cycling to fast as adding a Wait it now works on the live test.
As we are looking into an asynchonous block, ill try to add to flag so that it does not loop untill the iteration is completed.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi

I also learned the same comes true when working with DVL. I was experiencing slow performance as i was doing changes in each DVL row. Now, if I first populate the DVL with airtable rows and then edit each row with a small wait or an asynchronous control it works perfectly.

Just for info, performance is a little slower while i loop into the DVL (or the cloned) rows, kind of weird but at least i have the app working with a good overall performance.

1 Like