Is there a DVL bug?

hi

that several hours that I do and I redo. already without the solutions proposed here or there in this post for example
https://community.thunkable.com/t/json-bound-data-list-viewer-no-more-cloning/1041807
so that the data is displayed without problem (which happens once in 10) and well here I am desperately clicking on a line and nothing happens (I made sure that something is happening write a text in a label)
And yet it’s not the hardest thing to do.

I’m disillusioned the clones or the solution mentioned above are difficult to implement for data display without the headache

1 Like

Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

hi

my biggest problem is the display of a series of data from a table used as the data source of a dvl (a custom dvl)
it’s jerky and it takes forever
I had another difficulty it was the click but that’s solved

here are the blocks i use

i found this post

these blocks are complete lists and yet the loading of about twenty lines takes a lot of time
moreover in a second block group I also use a json block and it’s not terrible on my phone on the other hand on my pc it’s ok

it is about recursive function i am unable to implement it in my case

Hi

in desperation I will use a listview if someone knows a transparent character that will allow me to align the columns (of course I can use the underscore) or else redesign the interface

1 Like

When you deal or require a recursive function then you need to solve it because it will control the results that you wish to show in your app.

Have you tried layouts yet?

Hi

I saw that you presented it in the post that’s why I talked about it but I’ll use it when I understand the principle

1 Like

Hi

whether it is the clones or the custom DVLs that I have used with more or less success I am disappointed there are too many unpredictable results that I cannot resolve

1 Like

hi

you introduce a hack for DVL can i use it with stp ? and does it work with custom DVL ?

hi

you introduce a hack for DVL can i use it with stp ? and does it work with custom DVL ?

update :

i tried the hack

and the big problem now is that the dvl displays as many rows as there are in the table and not what my smaller list contains

maybe it’s mentioned in the video but we have some problem to watch it from 6:43 in the timeline

update :slight_smile:

I managed to use this hack that you took the trouble to present to us
I exited the loop by comparing my list of data to the length of the list of rowids

but it is true that it is slower than the clones

thanks again

Hi @bibbi
Can you test this project in your phone.
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6329e61c508030239d477028

It retrieves 100 posts from a JSON test website and then list the posts in cloned view. I am interested to know the speed. Remember there is a speed to retrieve the list using Web API and there is the speed it goes through the 100 posts and clone it in the column to produce something similar to DVL. I’m interested in the second speed. Not the API.

1 Like

hi

I tried your solution (without wait without recursive function)
I note that it is very fast between the disappearance of fetching post and the display of the number of post

and without display bug apparently how is this possible?

I realized that the use of clones was very fast but I gave up because I had bugs in the display and moreover as always I use firebase and I had to use two series of clones to use the data changed blocks

but like you I load the object at once

is it the construction of my clone that is the problem?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know because I did not see how your clones are constructed.

I made this sample project to show you that you can get extremely fast results when using clones with any JSON list such as the ones you retrieve from Firebase.
From experience, I can vote for cloning whenever I want to make a list from Firebase.

Of course you can use DVL but you will need one of two methods with the use of a local table:

• Add your records to the local table which is bound to the DVL.
  • Make empty rows in the local table the same number of records you have then go through the DVL rows filling the data from your record list.

Both methods are similar to the cloning method but has an additional step(s) to maintain the local table.

1 Like

hi

hey

I am convinced of the speed of the clones and it is partly thanks to you
I had to look for another solution, I was getting too many unpredictable results and all these tips or tricks that you have to find to make it work, it’s frustrating and yet your example works perfectly
I tried the dvl hack, it’s not bad but it’s slower than the clones it’s clear for now I’ll settle for that

1 Like

Please do check out this app! :slight_smile:

sign in as as me. you’ll see all the custom DVL’s i created using cloning and layouts. :slight_smile:

every list you see is a layout component. each screen, is a layout component

would be happy to help you figure out how to get your cloning done correctly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As I understand, @bibbi uses StP primarily. In the other hand, the layout component is still in Beta and would not be a good idea to use it for an app to be published in the store to the public.

After all, you should not expect a quick fix for any issue in the beta version that could have an impact in user experience. If you choose to use the beta version then you should accept to publish your app with all its issues.

2 Likes

challenge accepted! :rofl: i’m about to publish soon v1 :slight_smile: and just faithful that statements will be delivered upon in a timely manner

2 Likes

hi

I was finally able to take a look at your project, it’s a very pretty and powerful demonstration
which gives me even more regrets for not being able to produce my simple example of cloning
I manage to make clones but more often than rarely I get unpredictable results that ruin everything
one day, a member of the forum will develop an infallible tutorial :thinking:

1 Like

hi

I took your exampleevery time i press the button it adds a series of clones
how to remove old clones?
I thought save the clones in a list then remove them with a loop for each but it does not work
when i do a remove all column in cs it also erases the original

1 Like

Don’t put your original on the column