"Clone block" (when screen1 opens)

Hello,
I used the “Clone block” to clone some photos (from photo library) in screen1 but when screen1 opens all the photo disappear except the last one loaded. How can I save all the clones of the photos so that they reappear when I open screen1? Thank you! (see the photo attached)

You’re using a single variable for your Picture property. You need to store each image’s url (the green Photo block) in a separate place such as a local DB, Google Sheet, Airtable or Firebase. Each photo will need its own row/entry in the database.

Variables can only store one value at a time. Each time you click the button, it’s going to replace the stored variable photo with a new value. It doesn’t keep track of the previous values. When the screen opens, that variable holds the last value it was set to.

1 Like

Hi, I get it. I tried as suggested (see attached photo) but the problem always remains when screen1 opens (I can’t load all the clones of the photos). I’m definitely wrong in something. Thank you.

1 Like

I can see that you are all the time using row number 1 which means you are using one single row to store all photos so in practice you are replacing the same image all the time.

2 Likes

Right. You need to loop through your data source rows and use the loop counter as the rowNum.

2 Likes