Cannot Submit for App Store Rieview. Your app contains NSUserTrackingUsageDescription

I’m submitting a new build to the app store but App Store Connect is now telling me that

“Your app contains NSUserTrackingUsageDescription, indicating that you will request permission to track users. To update this information on your app’s product page, you must indicate which data types are tracking users. If this is incorrect, update your app binary and upload a new build to App Store Connect.”

I didn’t add any components. Any idea how to solve this?

1 Like

Have you removed the default comment in the project settings?

If you are not using any tracking options then you need to remove the default text before building the app.

1 Like

I’ll try that and submit again. Thanks!

1 Like

Same error.

I already removed the value Tracking Usage Description. I also don’t use any WebViewer of AdMob.

Any other ideas?

1 Like

Apple is very sensitive about this issue and although Web Viewer and AdMob are the common ones but Apple regards any thing that uses, or might require, Location Services as tracking component.

So, does your project contain:

• Push notification?
  • Maps?
  • BLE?
  • Sensors?

Any of the above will trigger the tracking notice of Apple.

2 Likes

My project uses Push Notifications and Location Sensor. I’ve had it for a while and my app is on the App Store since October.

What can I do to be able to submit it to App Store again? Do I need to update anything in the App Store Connect details?

1 Like

You will need to update your policy and declare the use of both Push Notification and Location Sensors and what data is being collected and for what reason.

That is all Apple is interested in.

I’m now able to submit. To address this issue go to App Store Connect > App Privacy:

1- under Data Types > Location > I selected Precise Location > Next > Save

2-under the gray Location/Precise Location Section (pictured below) press the blue Edit Button and tick these 3 selections:

Used for App Functionality

Linked to the user’s identity

Used for tracking purposes this is the last option, you must tick Yes, we use precise location data for tracking purposes. This will make the error go away

The error went away.

3 Likes

Glad to see one issue out of the way.

maptheunknown , I have exactly the same problem :
Your app contains NSUserTrackingUsageDescription, indicating that you will request permission to track users. To update this information on your app’s product page, you must indicate which data types are tracking users. If this is incorrect, update your app binary and upload a new build to App Store Connect.
I have contacted the support of Apple ,I haven’t received an answer so far , if I have something new I will keep you posted

I will investigate the solutions provided , I will keep you posted

Problem resolved :
Appel Store Connect => preparation for submission => App Privacy ,

Data TypesEdit

• 4 data types collected from this app: Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Physical Address

I have choise yes for all the 4 files and submit again each time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.