Auto-save stopped working for DVL Table

Yesterday, I was working on an app which contained a Data Viewer List, and I was creating a huge table connecting to that. After an hour and a half of effort, my table was completed. Today, when I came back to Thunkable, I found that all my data was GONE. Even some columns I’d added had disappeared. I started all over again, and completed the table. Just now(9:33 PM IST), I was on Thunkable and found that again, all that data and some of my columns had just magically disappeared. What happened to all my data? I wasn’t using Airtable, Google Sheets or any external source. That was a lot of data and It’s terrible having to remake the table for the fourth time. Any ideas on how I can
i) restore my data
ii) prevent this from happening in the future?
@domhnallohanlon was there an update or something that prevented tables from getting saved?

Thanks.

2 Likes

I face this a lot with Local Data Source. If you test the data from the Web Test you will get different results than that from the Thunkable Live on mobile. Something wrong in the synchronization of the data.

2 Likes

This is really frustrating, because that table was really large. It will take ages to make it again. @muneer do you know any workarounds so that my data won’t disappear again?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Currently I save the default tables in Airtable and update the Local Data Sources whenever I require.

However, I made a quick test and found out that there is a cache refresh issue with the Web Live Test and the data, although does not appear on screen, is still in the table. For example, see this table

TopicCount column are all zeros

Note the results from the web test

The count is 0.

This is from the mobile test

So the data is not reflected correctly.

Can @domhnallohanlon look at this issue?

3 Likes

I think I experienced the same caching issue with a local data source table containing more than 100 lines and using a Data Viewer list. Using Android, cleaning-up Thunkable Live’s cache and relaunching it seems to work the first time around but then starts giving the same issues, once again.

@boomdaba1232rbid this may be related to what we were troubleshooting in your app. Let’s keep an eye on this discussion.

K

3 Likes

I also have this issue.