Apple Store Rejected my app because of minimum functionality

I have made an ios app for a website which is a news website showing various articles. I made it using web viewer and added two bottom navigations and submitted to apple store but they rejected it saying it is showing white screen because of website loading time…
So I added an arrangement with loading animation and set the web viewer invisible for 7-10 seconds till it loads completely and then hides the loading arrangement and set visible to web viewer…

but still, they are saying now that the app has minimum functionality

I have 3 apps with the same things which are rejected…
I used thunkable X version to make this app

Design - Minimum Functionality

Your app provides a limited user experience as it is not sufficiently different from a mobile browsing experience. As such, the experience it provides is similar to the general experience of using Safari. Including iOS features such as push notifications, Core Location, and sharing do not provide a robust enough experience to be appropriate for the App Store.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to provide more robust user experience by including additional native iOS functionality.

If you cannot - or choose not to - revise your app to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines, you may wish to build an HTML5 web app instead. You can distribute web apps directly on your web site; the App Store does not accept or distribute web apps.

For more information about creating web apps, refer to the Configuring Web Applications section of the Safari Web Content Guide.

For a description of the HTML elements and attributes you can use in Safari on the iPhone, check out Safari HTML Reference: Introduction.

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 13.2.2 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, the app opens to a white display.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates , install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about testing your app and preparing it for review, please see Technical Note TN2431: App Testing Guide.

For a networking overview, please review About Networking.

Please see attached screenshot for details.

this was their reply

please help me to get approved by apple store

After this, I was thinking about getting thunkable pro membership but not even one of my app is getting approved by apple store that is the problem

How can I get approved on the apple store by adding some features to the app for a news website and an e-commerce web application

I am not sure what troubles you.

You wrote:

The answer is in your statement. Your app would get approved if it was to have additional features, given that right now, it has none.

yes I tried adding some buttons as a bottom navigation and a loading arrangement but still no good for that…
can anyone help me to give some idea what should I do exactly?

That is not enough … a app should not look like your website or only have a web viewer with two buttons… why should people download that app if they can go to safari and have the same thing. Best thing to do is rebuilding your website on thunkable. One more time it should be a app and not a website in a app … they are very strict apple

this is the key native iOS functionality.

1 Like

Your app needs to do stuff that people can’t do using iOS bult-in apps. And if you have ads in the app Apple may also see it as an earning app.

1 Like

The app needs to offer something worthy of it to the user.
If your “app” is just a window dressing of a web site, it does not add anything worthy from the perspective of the user.
Just put yourself in the shoe of the potential user: what good is your “app” from his perspective?
What does it add that he didn’t already got?
If the answer is “nothing”, then forget it; your “app” is useless and worthless.

is there any way to add a loading animation when the webviewer is laoding???
I tried using pre loader in the website but still it doesn’t work the way we want it shows a blank screen for a while to load the page, The apple is saying to use any native component for this in the app.

What Apple “say” is just a generic term. It says to add native components because that is usually what is needed to actually perform something.
Stop looking at the perspective of adding components for the sake of adding components; that is NOT the issue.
Your app was apparently judged by Apple to do NOTHING of value, and to just be some kind of wrapper over a web browser. Now you want to add a loading animation? Why? Will the animation make the loading take longer? Will it be particularly entertaining? Creative? Inventive? Original?
Will it make it worth having your app as an extra layer?
If adding an animation is desired by potential users, why don’t you simply make an animation clip instead and post it on YouTube?