App Ios - Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

GoodMorning,
i upload some week ago an app on the applestore (name “Moumo”).
It is an app where customer can see Menù, translate in every language, and order with simplicity to the waiter or pre-order from home. All is went good and the App is on the store.

The problem is that now, i send again another app, similar, for another resturant, with another name…but they give me this error:
Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

We found that the usefulness of your app is limited by the minimal amount of content or features it includes.

Next Steps

We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

We understand that there are no hard and fast rules to define useful or entertaining, but Apple and Apple customers expect apps to provide a really great user experience. Apps should provide valuable utility or entertainment, draw people in by offering compelling capabilities or content, or enable people to do something they couldn’t do before or in a way they couldn’t do it before.

Please see attached screenshot for details…and they send me a screenshot

i don’t know why this time, appstoreconnect give me this error.

Please help me. thanks

Hi @68c56f32c5be49,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - is your app just a website in a web viewer?

1 Like

Yes. It is.

Then unfortunately that won’t meet the minimum functionality guidelines set down by Apple.

Does your website have an API?

1 Like

Thanks Domhnall,
I don’t understand the question about API.
Please, can you explain me better?

However, how they can understand if is a webviewer or not?

Domhnall was asking if you use a Web API component.
If you don’t know what that is, then you probably didn’t use it.

Apple manually reviews every app that is submitted to the App Store.
If they can see that your app just displays a web page, they will reject the app under the minimum functionality guidelines.

4 Likes

Hey @jane, does any site have APIs or is it complicate to create them for a site that hasn’t?

Could you address me somewhere I can study how to use them (I will look for them too but I’m busy with understanding if I can use SMS OTP with firebase in my app… ^^ or maybe this will help me understand that too :smiley:)?

Thanks