My app was rejected App Store HELP

My application was rejected from the app store. I got this message! I need help with this problem.

1 Like

The most common reason for this is when creators submit an app that is just a website wrapped in a webviewer component.

In the email Apple specifically mentions:
your app only includes links, images, or content aggregated from the internet with limited or no native iOS functionality

Can you tell us what it is that you app does, (it would be helpful to share some screenshots too) and we will be better able to guide you.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@domhnallohanlon my app shows images of the airtable so I talk about the links, but I do not have the webviewer component app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nandorystudio.memepix

Hello,

Then how do you display images?

@kartik_old when the app starts it shows the image of the last rows of the airtable, the white buttons as you can see in the image above is to change the next and previous image!

1 Like

Ok…
Can u please explain a bit clearly what u want to do?

Thanks a lot! :smile:

I want to find a way to get around and solve the problem.

@Fernando_Matos Got it!

The problem is that it’s “just” an image component showing memes from the internet.

In order to be approved by app you will need to make a more complex, or that leverages some native iOS functionality.

2 Likes

Can you describe any of them pls’

The full guidelines for section 4.2 are here:

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#minimum-functionality

You need to be asking yourself
“Which Thunkable components can I add to my app in order to improve the end-users overall experience?”

3 Likes

I added some things but the same happens! is there another way to get the airtable images without being through the URL?

Lately Google and Apple are very strict with the kind of apps or games submitted on their platforms. Apple is a lot more stricter as they are looking for app/games that is engaging, unique and adds value to user experience because in the end, this is how Apple makes their money too hence quality over quantity.

Looking at your app, its not that interactive. Why not add a LIKE button so people could like each images, and if possible add comment below each images and I can assure you that would be more engaging and the dollars will start rolling in :man_dancing::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I thought about the like button but I do not know how to do it!

Like button wasn’t easy at first for me but I did figure it out using Airtable. I will post the steps later

hello can you still provide the steps to create a like button?