App Store Rejection (4. 3 Design: Spam)

Hi
I created a new app “ToldApp” and published it in “Play Store”, but when i tried to publish it on App Store, it got rejected due to 4. 3 Design: Spam

Their justification:
We noticed that your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language, which is considered a form of spam.

My Reply:
Dear App Store Review Team

I did not have intentions to violate Apple Guidelines

I want to inform you that i have deleted all my other apps which might have any similarities with this app. This step was done to prevent the violation of your guidelines.

Their reply:
Thank you for your response. We appreciate your feedback, however, your app is still not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. As previously mentioned, your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language, which is considered a form of spam.

We encourage you to review your app concept and evaluate whether you can incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the guidelines.

this is my app

I don’t know what i can change to make it different? what do you suggest?

What Apple are saying is that it’s either an almost exact copy of other apps, the only difference being the language.

Make a unique app or add unique content to it. Don’t just copy other apps.

What genre or category would you place this app in @abedo?

I did not copy any other app @Dean_Artis

Social media app, that’s what i believe @domhnallohanlon

You might not have intentionally copied other apps but your app is so similar to them that it appears to be a copy.

ok - so what sets it apart from other social media apps? (that’s a pretty crowded space, I think?) What can users do with ToldApp that they can’t do with any other social media app?

@domhnallohanlon

First of all i appreciate your response

Secondly in my app user can select any language and category such as funny, sad, horror and 3 other categories.

The reaction is different it is not “Like” or “Smile face”

If you made a post, any other user can see it

You can hide your user name for post number 1 and you second you can show in the other posts while it will be still hidden in the first post

You can change the direction of the text “The displayed and what you are writing”

Is it kind of like Reddit or an online community, with posts and reactions?

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon yes it is a online community, with posts and reactions

Is there anything you can do to make it more unique so? What are the advantages of having it on a phone/mobile device that you could incorporate into the app, and make it more novel when compared to existing community apps that are already out there?