App icon does no longer show up during app start (iOS only)

Hi all, I have changed the app icon to a different picture, and found that now during app loading the icon shows up only for a fragment of a second. The app starts, but normally you can see the app icon during the whole startup process. I changed the app icon back to the first one (which worked before), but this behaviour stays the same.

It happens with a downloaded iOS app, and on android everything works as expected.

And I followed the rules for icons: 192*192px, PNG, no weird characters like “&” in the filename.

iOS 13.6 / iPhone 6S.

Thanks @Michael_Rogulla - that sounds interesting alright.

Can you try a with a blank project, just so we have something to compare it to, please?

Just create a new project, change the icon and let us know whether the behaviour is the same or not.

Thanks.

Hi @domhnallohanlon, I tried to build a fresh and empty app, but things went from bad to worse. This is what happened:

• I created a new app
  • I gave it a name, an icon, and a label + a button on the start screen, just to see if the app starts.
  • Then I made an iOS download and installed the app (iPhone 6S with iOS 13.6)
  • the app icon is now visible on the “desktop” of my iPhone (is it called desktop? don’t know)
  • opening the icon shows a whie screen with no icon at start, and the app is also not running.

I uninstalled the app, and made a fresh install. Same result, no splash screen, no app.

Strangely enough: I opened with double clicking the home button the list of running apps and can see, that my app is running, but with another icon! The name is correct, but the icon in the task list is the icon from the app that was downloaded before.

The icon is a png, without alpha, without special chars, 192*192px.

I attached it here: icon_passagen5_ohneT

Any idea?

1 Like

Hi @domhnallohanlon, and even worse: some minutes ago I made a download of an app that used to work before. This app is no toy, I developed it for professional reasons and now it does not start when downloading it on iOS. I’ve changed nothing, the app is present in the stores, and right now I am not able to test it by downloading it.

Any help is gladly accepted, especially fast help… :smile:

Hi all (@domhnallohanlon), this issue is not solved. The app icon does not show up during app start (iOS), we see only a blank screen (iOS download / live app test), I would call it an error.

Similar problem here. Navigation icons show up on my computer when previewing, but icons do not show up on either ios or android.

1 Like

" we see only a blank screen (iOS download / live app test), I would call it an error."

Same here

1 Like

@Michael_Rogulla @gpo @dami_flepp can you send me on your project links so I can take a closer look please?

Please include whether you are experiencing this issue on iOS or Android.

Thanks

Hi @domhnallohanlon,

the title says “iOS only” :slight_smile:

Here is a simple project just to show, that the icon does not show and after some seconds the app starts in normal state:
https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5f2bdc3456871285e2746e10/project/properties/designer/

2 Likes

ok - building now. will get back to you in an hour or so when I know more .

1 Like

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/fabc9c4997ed4694b869d8de6250b1a0

Bottom navbar icons only show up on Preview and Live Test on my computer, but do not show up on Android or iOS devices.

Thank you

@Michael_Rogulla @gpo

does your App also contain Maps?

since my app works in Webapp preview(map component not available in Webapp), it might be an issue with the map component?

Hi @dami_flepp, no map. My app contains a label and a button, just for testing. It has an icon, and I did not change the icon. After downloading the app on iOS I can start it. But it starts with a blank screen, and after 2…3 seconds the app is running (it shows the label and the button :slight_smile: ). The problem is, there is no splash screen.

my app isn’t even running after the icon shows up… just blank screen…

i’m freaking out,I just need to send a build for publish. it used to work 2 days ago -.-

@domhnallohanlon is there an other way to publish my app, since i’m pro user?