Airtable's API will be deprecated on Jan 2024

Hi, I have some applications created with “snap to place” and published on the Apple store and Play Store.

In these apps I use “data source”.

Do I need to switch to OAuth authentication in these apps?

If so, do I need to update apps in playstore after I switch to OAuth authentication?

Thank you

i ask that question last September i was told in a nutshell no need to update app will be fine…
Well i end up have to update my apps because they went blank.

Hi Maurizio (and others),

Ioannis (thank you again!) sent me a mail in which he explained there’s a new block in data sources: a block called authorization header. Use this block to access to the Airtable database you’re connecting to with OAuth and all your API calls (get, ect) should work just fine.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for the reply. I fear the same effect. I’ll act immediately, thanks

1 Like

Thank you for your message.

Don’t worry about it, i did it in the old way as i wasn’t sure an update was coming.
I replaced all the Airtable’s blocks with the Data Sources ones and republished all my apps.

If in one hand, it was a rough, long and very stressful process and i’m very happy it came to an end, in the other hand it gave me the chance to renovate and upgrade my apps and i’m sure i’m going to benefit in the future.

Thank you again for your time replying.

1 Like

Airtable’s API keys will be deprecated by Airtable - Announcements - Community (thunkable.com)

1 Like