Airtable free plan

Hi i dont know much about APi calls but i saw on airtable free plan they will only allow 1000 api calls for month will that affect my app ? i have alot of users

1 Like

How many users do you have, and how many API calls are you currently making per session?

You can multiply these out to calculate your API requirements and project when you’ll need to upgrade your Airtable plan in the future.

You can also factor the cost of this plan into your business model to work out your ARPU (average revenue per user) and determine your break-even point

Hope that helps!!

Hi, I work with Airtable for some years now. Never heard of limiting the number of API calls, is this a new policy? The only limit I know: there are not more than 5 API-calls per second per base allowed.

Btw: since several years I wonder why there is still a free plan for such a brilliant product :rofl:

Interesting - I might have jumped to conclusions here, but I know Airtable have updated their API recently and my assumption was that this was part of that new API.

Looking at the docs though (Airtable Web API) it doesn’t seem to mention 1000 calls per month.

@candy - is there a limit of getting 1,000 records per request? or can you share where you read about this limit?

the message pop up on my screen but if you look in pricing you can see it list there and i don’t even know how calculate API requirements i mean i just have a few data base in app people use alot i

Can you share a link or screenshot please @candy , I can’t find the caps you’re referring to unfortunately

Changes to Airtable Plans

Feature Current/Legacy Free plan New Free plan
Maximum users with commenter permissions Unlimited 50 per workspace
Records per base 1200 1000
Attachment storage per base 2 GB 1 GB
Extensions per base 1 extension N/A
Sync integrations per base 1 sync integration N/A
API calls per workspace/per month Unlimited 1000

Assuming that you are not making API calls with Web API blocks, then you would be limited by how many API calls Thunkable makes using the Data Source blocks.

@domhnallohanlon Does every data source block make a single API call? Including number of rows or list of values blocks?

Time for @thunkable to look into supabase integration or add features to the Firebase plugin like querying the firestore.

Also, I’ve been preaching it forever but AT isn’t a great backend for your app.

Supabase Free plan is insane and offers so much!

2 Likes

Thanks for this @jared , I’ve always used Airtable / Google Sheets in my apps; this seems worth a try! The plan is indeed generous. Have you tried supabase before in any of your Thunkable projects via API?

As a long time user, Airtable new free plan really set me off with the only 1000 calls/month … That too per worksapce!? :pensive:

Even if Airtable decreases the amount of API calls/month, nothing will happen(to the apps using OAuth). See this post:

You can simply change to OAuth.

I know we’re veering Off Topic here, but have you been able to use Supabase with the API blocks by any chance @jared?

Using it for a different project at the moment and really impressed by it’s capabilities so far too

You can but it’s super annoying syntax. Sql like.

Every supabase instance is also spun up with PostgREST capabilities. So api calls to those can hit your tables directly and respect row level security.

See more here:

The alternative is writing edge functions using js/ts that hit your db, maybe do some logic, then passes data back to the client.

The easiest way to learn the syntax for me was actually by setting up supabase calls from a weweb app using their built in supabase plugin and watching the network traffic.

I have to say changing over while not on a plan my app did have issues and i had to go in an fix it was not that easy as just changing over the table was not showing in my app had to re add it and all other sorts of issues

Switching to what?

^^^ check out this starter demo related to supabase.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.