Adding Nfc capability

Could you add nfc as it would be a very useful way to sign in to an app. Eg you tap your phone off a pad and it would sign in very quickly .

4 Likes

I would also welcome the NFC component, is it a future possibility? @domhnallohanlon

4 Likes

I need NFC to set up street light bulbs in a radio network. NFC allows you to use sealed plastic boxes.

3 Likes

When can we expect Thunkable to support NFC ? It is now common on other platforms/languages…

2 Likes

Thanks for the inquiry here all! This has been discussed in the past but there wasn’t a great demand. I will bring it up but if I had to guess it’s likely not happening in the next quarter or two.

That said, I can always be wrong and demand will drive innovation, so… anything could happen. :slight_smile:

I’ll bring this up during our team meeting next week!

5 Likes

Thanks @jared there are a couple of things to say to that including:

1. Thunkable keeping up with other platforms
  2. The need to recognise that the use of NFC tags is rising. I have some sticker tags for example

I have a client who was forced to go to another platform that did offer NFC functionality.

When you realise (for example) that using an NFC sticker and having COVID check-ins work in about a 10th the time of the optical QR code scan thing, you know it’s just a matter of time until NFC explodes :slight_smile:

1 Like

What native mobile nocode platform is offering nfc at the moment?Makes sense though.

Kodular has NFC support

1 Like

Also it’s not as simple as saying ‘we aim to use a no code platform’ it is more a case of someone (my client as a prime example) saying ’ which platforms offer NFC functionality ?’ and going from there.

Apart from hobbyists, someone isn’t going to stay with a platform just because it is no code if the platform doesn’t offer what they want - they will (and did) go elsewhere…

Understood. Unfortunately we don’t support it now. If, as you see it, there will be a large increase for this feature we will likely prioritize the addition. Would love to see it added in the future as I’ve some ideas for its use too related to clocking employees in and out for my partners company.

If you haven’t been there yet, we love to get feature request on our GitHub page. I invite you to stop by if you haven’t but I’ll add this one in myself!

2 Likes

Already one there @jared NFC in X Version · Issue #263 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub

1 Like

I second the request for NFC in Thunkable. See I made a great Android app in Kodular that uses NFC and it works a charm. But Kodular’s issue is that it can only be used to develop Android apps at this time. So I’ve looked elsewhere for similar programs for iOS and came across Thunkable, it’s totally viable for what I’m doing, with the exception of not offering NFC functionality, as such, I’ll have to skip over Thunkable and continue to look for a similar solution that can build iOS apps with NFC features. Or just finally figure out how to properly code for iOS entirely. Either way, it’s a shame that Thunkable here can’t be the solution I so want it to be.

3 Likes

hi

can you point other platforms that support NFC?

regards