AI/Thunkable Color to Hex

A little procedure to convert the strange color notation AI/Thunkable uses to hex. I know there must be an extension already to do this, but if you are like me, and like to get your hands dirty and learn a thing or two while making something, you will find this interesting.
After all, that was the initial purpose of App Inventor, to teach people how to CODE solutions and not give them everything done.

Let me know if you find any errors.

Color numbers list here: App Inventor Color Chart

ColorToHexProcedure.aia (23.4 KB)
5 Likes

There is a much simplier way to do so using @Helios extension :wink:

1 Like

Have you read the part of my post that says " I know there must be an extension already to do this, but if you are like me, and like to get your hands dirty and learn a thing or two while making something, you will find this interesting.
After all, that was the initial purpose of App Inventor, to teach people how to CODE solutions and not give them everything done." ??

Extensions are useful to do things that otherwise can not be done with blocks, because that’s what App Inventor/Thunkable is about. LEARN TO CODE.

Besides now that I check, I don’t see a direct color to hex function in that extension.

2 Likes

@Italo
Great work! :slight_smile:
That’s great knowledge.

Thanks for sharing it with the community :slight_smile:

1 Like