Your app contains content that doesn't comply with the Deceptive Behavior policy

Hello there,

Your help is greatly appreciated. I submitted my App which I remixed on Thunkable but it was rejected twice by google team:

"
Issue with your app
Your app contains content that doesn’t comply with the Deceptive Behavior policy."

They sent me also a screenshot which I included on the link below:

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=f230d40eba&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1750822461570855602&th=184c2bc0a6b4b2b2&view=att&disp=safe&saddbat=ANGjdJ-TuHlKGU_jMOUt1He6NkpyoDg8zXHdaPI2akwTFxU6Uq3z75z0ZJrBHq7viHozF6TBE73cVUtKI55OLX8xQeSw78Aw1Y-fmPPpIbLMX0EP1jsVk0RT2zAGyfLp30xgfzay5e_ecyii-nyT2OmSblWdsbfqTHUQF78eJDnZirKGp71tkogarWJJry2nMrw8xb6WJ_NsL5tSoccfiMZdpjHE_rcVY_-ccXLl3OqEZIqQTakodhZ9ziub_w0mLBpigg5ejSXCpqiVnnimSSNyToTlbt5s1yO9dYp_dzTadJqAEdFC_OlDmvz1saHNtcQp5sZFAF0Gv_dS7Ei4OJxTP94gO_nPCHfP2DYrPaEocfJAOelOKBhTX2ONS1u9CueBNXzIkP1XQHc9dwSF080f_9B0k8XDWLd_xB2Ywv3lHmwBzefQNIT1adrzdcO6outJS3byCwy-M0Gbj_UQu9Qb9z17tUm6hGSc1RgLr4wBIgDGg65rKgM3so4i4oO_w6VW1s5EEhOMhMoFdZwLLKwzDwOAqNO727hP0jrsENAXA0wJlRafa53sf6nY0HKyyuXQCQNoj_7HtOC_j3cVK1vYB4hWmTYq9UVe3-IMV0kNygGo9ftLxxhLFU7jW1K-9oK5_UtmrCu6uVtZt9wkWNcBXtfHrqPqrzJ0g66Ie8zHUCiCLvzxe2wmDgPK_iQQaxdupkU_Db3OT2O0BX1lJUBYZ1AmHsNQyCCE46oJLxh-yS6JxqUlfwmHfSY3N-dHdZQ3DnICyRL5BgY9NF1PyWpe7tPcZLWOLVIYHmGA3sCYbaocme0an5_3Ivsm2r77nNSkufOEKZTmKeGDeSnWdf4XHT8SDJUBo_uQPUtq_xshrGPeIyv2Ndad_kE7bN4f0ELNxnHELDT8O5uLHj42NKU7KuOS0CX2yd8p9qvMke8s2yTg6AOMT11JFM-uUi0

The link included leads to a 404 error. Could you share a screenshot of the email you got? Could you also include your project URL?

Was your app previously published and then flagged for this? Or was it never approved to begin with?

Thank you. the screenshot is a black screen and in the middle there is Hello world written. I don’t know from where I got, I never included it when I submitted the App.

The App was never approved. I submitted it once after I did couple of updates (description and I included a video) then I submitted again for the second time and I got rejected with the same reason. Email, screenshot, and url included here :Thunkable

From Google:

We don’t allow apps that attempt to deceive users or enable dishonest behavior including but not limited to apps which are determined to be functionally impossible. Apps must provide an accurate disclosure, description and images/video of their functionality in all parts of the metadata. Apps must not attempt to mimic functionality or warnings from the operating system or other apps. Any changes to device settings must be made with the user’s knowledge and consent and be reversible by the user.

How are you filling out your information about the app in the Play Store? Perhaps something you have written is getting flagged?

Thanks Conroy. I’ll double check the information I filled out. Do you have any idea why they included the “Hello world” screenshot? Should I bother to look into that as well?

Not entirely sure about the screenshot. Perhaps that black screen with “Hello World” is mimicing functionality of an operating system (i.e. when an iPhone starts, there is just the black screen with the Apple logo)?

If you’d like, I can offer you an app review for a low price to review the contents of your app and identify the source of the issue

Hi Jared. Thank you for your offer. I did some updates and I am about to submit it again. In case I got rejected, I’ll definitely get in touch with you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.