Why does Data Viewer Grid ItemClick return row id?

When you click an item in a Data Viewer List, you have the option of using the green “item” or “index” blocks. These are so useful because you have both the value of the item (e.g. the text/name displayed) and the order (1, 2, 3, etc.).

But the Data Viewer Grid block only has the option of using the row id. Why does it not include the item and index? If it makes a difference, I’m using this with Airtable.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 2.19.55 PM

1 Like

yes i also have the same problem but i can still do it

Hi @tatiang,

yes, an “index” would be very nice.

I think “item” is not really an option, because the elements in the data viewer list can differ very much depending on the layout.

1 Like

Good point about the “item” value. I hadn’t thought that through. I would amend this to say just the “index” value would be useful.

Hi @tatiang,

in case you didn’t know: you can use the “rowID” value to get information from every element in a data source with the “get value from” block:

grafik

If you would like to know the index, you have to perform a search through the list of values (in case of the block above, a list of names), but it would be easier if the event “Item click” could deliver it.

3 Likes