White space (band) at the top of my app

Hey thunkers, this is my first post, even though I am being using the forum for the last two weeks and it’s been really useful, I started to use Thunkable the last month and I am already in love with it, I just hope we get to work with extension asap as they were completely a game charger for the original Thunkable as I realized reading the forum.

I wanted to know if someone could help me, please see attached:

I am removing the top phone info to get my first app full screen, but I am getting this white space at the top of it, I am developing in a iPhone 8 , so I can not test it in other phones, I am not sure if this is because of the notches on iPhone 10 and new android phones, do you guys know something about it? Is there a way to color that space? Writing this. Just thought, is this the color of my screen background, I can’t check right away, I will do it tonight and will let you know, in the meantime, does someone happen to know?
(You would need to click the image in order to see the white band, because of the white background of the forum)
Cheers!

Hi @Carlos_Escobar,

It’s a little tricky to see with the white background, but I get what you mean.

I haven’t tried this myself, but I’d recommend looking at this first:

Hey @domhnallohanlon , thank you so much , I will try it the way they say it in that post. I tried to search different ways what I need it, but never thought of “space above top tab navigator “ :see_no_evil:.

I know its difficult to se the withe background, that is why I said “(You would need to click the image in order to see the white band, because of the white background of the forum)” :blush:

Thanks

1 Like

Did you try changing the background colour of your screen?

1 Like

Might be the same issue I noticed on mine and what I had to do was click on the top screen, then on the property section scrolled down to Padding section and if you noticed the TOP padding value is like a disabled zero so what I did was type in 0 and the top white space disappeared.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Thank you guys. I will check tonight and will let you know.

Cheers

1 Like

I did a combination of background color and negative top margin in the screens, I had to do this because for each screen the value was different and also the way android and ios were applying this margin was also different.

1 Like