White Bars on iOS (I've looked at other solutions)

Hello,

I don’t have an ios phone myself, so I didn’t catch this until just now. I’ve got my mobile app looking all pretty on my android and want to send it out to my friends to test it - however, to do that I had to publish the iOS version to the AppStoreConnect and use FlightTest. So when I checked someone’s iPhone, this is what I saw:

As you can see, the app has white bars on top and on bottom of the screen. Where the home bar is and at the top where the status bars go. I played around with the status bar settings on the page and got the status to show (dark content). However, my android pushes the blue-gray color that you see all the way to the top. I’d prefer that is what the iOS version did as well but I don’t know how to do that and I don’t have reliable access to an iOS device to constantly use live-test to play around with it.

That being said, I’ve looked at the other topics about this and tried some solutions but they have yet to prove successful. One of them was (I think) setting the padding to 0 - which I already have. I don’t think it’s a padding or margin problem because the info displays correctly when I change the dark-content / light-content settings for the status bars. It’s also on every page regardless of content. Also, it is on top and bottom. When I disable the status bars the white space is still there.

Does anyone have experience or idea’s with iOS?
Thank you in advance,
Ash

1 Like

Any luck finding a solution to this?

1 Like

There is a setting in the project settings page, Ignore Notch Area. Turn it ON. This should correct the white space in the top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes