Weird Issue publishing iOS

Hi there,

I am facing this issue publishing on iOS and hope someone can help:

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access the location, but doesn’t sufficiently explain the use of the location in the purpose string.
To help users make informed decisions about how their data is used, permission request alerts need to explain and include an example of how your app will use the requested information.

I have already setted the Push Notification’s Geolocation off, my app doesn’t require a local sensor so i presume it’s for Google Ads Mob.

I have already wrote in my app’s setting the purpose of tracking user (it says that is for tailoring the ads) and I did the same in the blank space while publishing (it’s literally the last step before clicking on “publish”)

It seems like the purpose string is not read and, most important, they sent me a screenshot where the app requests the position, but there’s not such a block.

Anyone faced the same?

This is how it solved itself.
I replied to the support with this message:

“The App Tracking Transparency permission request is displayed when you first open the app for user devices using the latest iOS versions. The permission request displayed is the following : “This ID will be used to show you personalized ads.”
The user has the choice to refuse this without impacting his experience while browsing the app.”

It went through without touching anything else.
Hope it will help someone in the future!

2 Likes