IOS location permissions

Hello everyone
I ask the forum for help, I am trying to publish a new version of my app already published, the new relise is always rejected and I receive the following notification from apple:

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access the location, but doesn’t sufficiently explain the use of the location in the purpose string.

that some of you managed to publish an app with bluetooth, what you wrote in the “location permission”.
I entered the following message:

“The access to the user location is used only for the bluetooth operation. The app does not use or store any information about the location of the user.”

and was rejected
Can you halp me please?
thanks

You need to properly explain why you need to use the location.

thank you Dean_Artis
the first publication I had indicated:

"To use Bluetooth, please active GPS location. It will not use your informations. " and was accepted.

The review was rejected for insufficient clarification, I replaced with:

“The access to the user location is used only for the bluetooth operation. The app does not use or store any information about the location of the user.” and was rejected.

I don’t know how to explain better.
Do you have any idea on what to write in the “location permission”, using the BLE “thunkable” module, for this to work you need to activate the GPS location. This depends on “Thunkable”, I don’t use any data. I just don’t know how to explain better.

1 Like

Those app appeals can be pretty frustrating. I really wish they would explain things better. I had an app with a description that included wording about Google Play (“coming soon to Google Play”) and Apple rejected it. It took me several days to figure out that the description was the issue (they just kept telling me it was “unacceptable content” or something like that) and then to realize that they must have rejected it for that reason. None of the reviewers took the time to explain it to me.

I don’t have much of a suggestion for you except:

1. Try explaining again in a different way. I think what you wrote was quite clear. But sometimes using different wording can help.
  2. You might get lucky with a different reviewer. I’ve had an app accepted by one reviewer and then essentially the same project file rejected by a different reviewer. It seems like sometimes it’s the luck of the draw.
1 Like

thank you tatiang
I was hoping someone in Thunkable had the same problem and could suggest an accepted description to me

Finally the app has been accepted thanks to the proposal of Jane of the Thunkable Staff. This is what I wrote in the “location permission”:

“Discoverable devices may reveal user location information, so the device discovery process requires location access. In any case, no data will be used for other purposes.”

thanks to all those who intervened

2 Likes