Web-app: Text Label: The properties for text align does not work

Text label components are used very often on my projects both designed for mobile and web-apps (responsive). While they are generally working perfectly on mobiles, I realised that there are 2 features that are not working or not implemented on responsive web-app.

1. The Text label on web-app, whether on root screen or nested within row/column components, does not react to the text-align properties. i.e cannot be “centred” or “justified” (when text label is width=“filled container”. It is always aligned “left” no matter what property it is assigned to.
  2. the “\n” character to make new line also does not work in web-app but worked in mobile

Recently the thunkable techs have solved the issue of web-app alignment issues for rows/columns component. I am sure the team can solve (1) easily. Can look at the text labels issues, please? Need to make the layout of the responsive web-app look “professional”.

Thank you very much.

Hey @gobassky,

I’m pretty certain the team at Thunkable know about this issue, though have you considered an alternative method for positioning your labels or components? I’ve one that works here where I position the label inside of a column and set the column to Horizontal Alignment = Right.

Let me know if this works for you. It may require you to nest your labels differently.

I can see this on my end too. I suggest you create a bug report on this via Thunkable’s GitHub.

1 Like

Yes. Thanks. using the text (fit contents) within row/column component is currently the work-around for me in general. But when I tried to build a table like layout with text, this will be incredibly messy, but doable.

1 Like