🎨 WDC #9 Can you re-create Shailesh's Memory Game App?

Thanks a million to everyone who helped out with last weekend’s challenge (special mention to @catsarisky and @codeswept who submitted fully functioning apps!)

This week we have a fun one for you all! I spotted a neat game on dev.to by Shailesh Parmar. In the past, Shailesh has built clones of WhatsApp, Spotify and Netflix himself so I thought it would be cool if we used one of his apps for inspiration this week.

What do think - can you recreate his Memory Game?

You can try this game out for yourself here:
https://shaileshparmar-webdeveloper.github.io/memory-game/

This is one of those projects that you could probably spend months on but here are a couple of features I spotted that you might incorporate into your project:

1. Ask the user for their name on Screen1 and greet them by name on Screen2
  2. The animation component does have a click event handler, animation_click but you could just as easily use buttons here.
  3. Figuring out if that cards are a pair is one challenge
  4. Creating a randomly distributed board of cards is another challenge entirely
  5. I really like the “congrats” gif when the game is completed
  6. You can add difficulty levels, count the number of moves, track the time taken to complete a board, set a time to complete each board in, add in a points system, move up to a harder board after an easier on is completed…the list goes on and on here, and all of that is before you’ve even picked your colour. scheme, a theme for your cards, icons etc etc.

I’m going to try to submit an entry myself again this weekend but I’m also delighted to announce that @jane will be joining us as a “Special Guest Thunker” for this particular challenge too!

Best of luck to everyone and, as always, really looking forward to seeing all the creative ideas you come up with!

cc: @luv.ak.tech @manyone @roumak-coder @kartik14 @thg @tatiang @muhaeminz @krithikvasan6m1 @aanshi6 @jared @Chris @skulamester @muneer @cyberdriver

4 Likes