🎮 WDC #26 Can you make your own "Wordle" game in Thunkable?

that’s amazing! and awesome!

i’ve got a “working” version, except it doesn’t have the keyboard. so you’ll have to enter your guess by hand and rely on your memory for checking unused letters. (warning the target words - i took 500 - are hard - many of them have doubled letters, like BOOBS, etc) but it’s playable to the end . it even includes a word check against an online dictionary.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/68d1f63c3babddc85bf8af3e695ea961

7 Likes

Amazing progress - this looks fantastic @tatiang!

Great stuff @manyone - can confirm that the dictionary works properly too :joy:

5 Likes

What a coincidence !!
From many days I was thinking to make an app of word game !
Thank you !! Domhnall O’ Hanlon
For creating this WDC

4 Likes

Looks great! Could you share the project page please? I’m out of projects.

2 Likes

Also, which API have you used? I’m in the last leg of my app but I’m unable to check whether words are valid or not.

1 Like

Ok, here’s my WORDLE, which I’ve named GRIDDLE because Wordle is basically a riddle in a grid.
I haven’t gotten my word-validation working yet, though.

PLAY IT HERE: Thunkable

7 Likes

Wow, clean interface. I like it.

3 Likes

Thank you :grinning: Just added the project link.

4 Likes

sorry i just sat in front of my pc - heres the project page:
https://x.thunkable.com/projects/61f1aab7f76ec20011d462a4/8fffd70a-6426-4063-9596-1fbf05935933/designer

4 Likes

@codeswept, this looks soooo good!

2 Likes

i get “error copying shared project via link”?

3 Likes

The same for me. It seems there is an issue with the link @codeswept

2 Likes

@manyone This is a power house example of coding in Thunkable. I’m already at about twice as many blocks as you and I’m not quite done. Very impressive! I always learn a lot from seeing your projects. And the status=“200” check on the dictionary API is smart… I borrowed that!

5 Likes

thanks for the kind words - but i opted for the easy way and decided to just use traditional input instead of a keypad image - the processing blocks for that alone can account for half the project!

3 Likes

Wasn’t expecting to have so many apps, of such a high quality, built so soon - great work @tatiang @manyone and @codeswept

Hopefully as folks have more time over the coming days we’ll see even more entries!

Wanted to share an alternative approach to the WDC, where I’m doing the design majority of the design in Figma and applying the finishing touches in Thunkable.

Also happy to share my Figma file too and would actively encourage folks to share any derivative or improved versions you make with the Community:

Hope this is helpful and gets others up and running with this challenge!

7 Likes

Sorry about that, here’s a new one: Thunkable

Very much so, @domhnallohanlon! This seems like a much quicker method!

2 Likes

thanks for the link, @codeswept - your version is very playable - i like the feedback (key “lights up”) when you press on the letters! awesome job!

4 Likes

Oops, looks like the link I shared was wrong after all. Seems like there’s a bug that wasn’t there yesterday. The project page isn’t working correctly while the preview is.

2 Likes

Hey codeswept
Sorry to say but there is a glitch in ur app

Just have a look
It is not identifying the wrong word
@codeswept

Any reply @codeswept

1 Like

Hi @rishabh_jain,
Please be patient.

Don’t ask people to reply or ask them if there are any replies. Please be patient.

3 Likes