🎨 WDC #10 Can you re-create Randall's password generator?

Well, I wouldn’t necessarily consider this a submission for WDC #10 but it’s certainly inspired by it…

UI isn’t my strong-suit and I don’t do a whole lot with passwords besides using LastPass to store them. So when I read the challenge, I didn’t have an immediate idea. But as I let it stew, I started thinking about Mad Libs and the ability for a user to paste in a story with mystery words encoded as (noun) or (verb) etc. and then the app would create the input fields.

But I moved on from that and started thinking about encoded messages. What if you wanted to send a text message but it was sensitive info and you didn’t want someone to accidentally see it over your shoulder?

Introducing…

EncrypText

Video demo:

The messages are encoded using a system similar to cryptograms and one of eight possible encoding methods is used each time. The encoded message is also reversed and an encoding key is added to the end. So it’s unlikely someone would easily decode a message. That being said, it’s not terribly hard to decode these if you took the time!

I used the following website to scramble a basic set of characters (alphabet in lower and upper cases, numbers, punctuation, etc.):

Problems: My design suffered a bit from not being able to change the font size, font color or background color of the text input components in the new drag-and-drop interface. And also from not having multi-line text input. Oh and the checkbox is not great looking because buttons don’t have a way of centering text within them.

Total blocks used: 192

6 Likes