Way to make things more difficult

Been here for a long time. Loved the classic version but decided to try X. It is VERY difficult to look for guilds and help documents. Unlike with classic, there doesn’t seem to be (or it is rather not obvious) any guilds to help explain blocks. I feel like I’m having to re-learn this platform and its not happy learning experience. I’ve tried searching the community for my answers but good gravy, it seems like this platform has taken several steps backwards in the name of iOS IMO.

https://docs.thunkable.com/thunkable-cross-platform/

The documentation has a page for pretty much every block. If there is a particular thing you are needing help with, please post here and ask, I think there are a good many users (as well as Thunkable staff of course) who are willing to help!

2 Likes

I was there, It looks like I missed that page as it was buried. Would be great if you could still right click on block and go right to that page as with classic. I also am no stranger to posting for help, I am just frustrated with how much things seem to of changed. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @samclever, long time no see! :slight_smile:

We are in the process of restructuring our docs and once that is completed we’ll be able to link the two together more closely.

If there is a specific component you would like additional resources for please let us know and we’ll try our best to create some for you.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!

I am glad to hear you are restructuring the documents. After finding the right spot, I was still very confused. The variables have seemed to change and I am confused on how to even make a list, let alone save it using firebase db. It would be great to see a tutorial/video to help guild those of us coming from classic to x for such things like how to use the new variables, etc

I’m also not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but when you’re teaching yourself to code things that seem minor to advanced coders can really take the wind out of the sails for us hobbiests (also makes it harder to justify paying for it).