Virtual Event: Community Meetup

Everybody who’s going to participate in this WDC, please tell me what you think about this since it’s Show Thunkable time. If there are people who’d like to join, then we can create a Zoom meeting or a Discord call. Even Google Meets works fine. It’s Saturday 11:40 AM in India right now, but we’re all from different parts of the world. Any suggestions for times we could possibly have the call?

cc: @skulamester @mimostel @tatiang @muneer @catsarisky

Meetup #1 July 18 [DONE]
Meetup #2 August 7 [DONE]
Meetup #3 September 4 [DONE]

5 Likes

Hi there,

I am free today between 13:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC, as from tomorrow the whole afternoon is free. Discord or Google Meets are fine for me, looking forward to this meeting.

2 Likes

That’s sounds good! 13:00 UTC would be 18:30 IST so that’s a good time.

2 Likes

Today is swimming pool time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am free today and tommmorow.
I do have planned to hang out with Friends this afternoon.

2 Likes

It’s 6AM here, and I’m just seeing a message about 9am today. 9am here (13:00 UTC) is a fine time [although almost certainly too early for @tatiang], but it’d be a good idea to schedule a little farther ahead - the folks on the Western side of the Americas will sleep right through it, and unless the folks on the Eastern side of the Americas are checking forums early, they’ll miss it too.

UPDATED: Sorry, that sounded more discouraging than I meant. If 13:00 UTC is a good time today for a folks, go for it (and I’ll probably show up although maybe without something ready to show). But if we decide to do it again, let’s schedule further ahead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh, I expected that the time would be a bother. For me, I could only have the call between around 10 AM IST to 8:30 PM IST. But yes, 6:30 PM here (13:00 UTC) would be around 6:00- 6:30 AM for @tatiang . Thankfully tomorrow’s Sunday. @tatiang mentioned once he codes around 10 PM but I’m not sure if he’d be available for a call that time (which would be 10:00 AM IST). I’m a very late riser but I think 8 AM IST would be OK?

1 Like

You’re organizing, @codeswept, so choose a time at will. There is literally no time that’s going to be good for everyone.

I was just suggesting that it might be best to schedule further in advance in the future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha, not, I’m not organizing, just trying to a little bit to find a suitable time for everybody (which, as you said, is impossible).
There’s absolutely no requirement we should do it today or tomorrow. We can do it next month at the next WDC, or any other time that suits at least most of the people who are going to turn up. I wanted to suggest it a few weeks ago, actually, but there was a temporary break from WDCs, so we got to Show Thunkable later than expected.

1 Like

8 PM or 8 AM IST seem to be the only times I can think of.

1 Like

OOF.
It’s 4 AM in the morning with 8 AM IST for me.
8PM doesn’t work for me either.

Maybe we could like create multiple meetings with different Times for different thunkers.

1 Like

Oh no… I have no clue what time to select. Either we forget this, or skip a few people coming.

I’ve seen other international groups pick two times offset by 12 hours, under the theory that most people will be able to make one or the other. But a couple days notice is a good idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea! 9:00 AM IST and 8:30 PM IST should do, I think? We can probably do this next week, on Sunday? Do tell me what you’d like to use:

• Zoom
  • Google Meet
  • Discord

0 voters

2 Likes

Oops… everything got deleted somehow. @catsarisky could you please vote again?

Great i’ll go with Google Meet or Discord can’t Use zoom :frowning:
Anyways 8:30 pm fits for me.
Not sure if I am avaible next week on saturday tho.

1 Like

I don’t think I voted? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, my bad. It was @sketch. I accidentally edited the poll, but I didn’t have ‘show who voted’ on. When everything got deleted, I was under the impression you voted as you liked my post before it happened. Sorry!

1 Like

Great, did you convert it to your timezone and check?

Yep it is 17:00 CEST

1 Like