I’ve made different tests now, looks like the initialization of the variable doesn’t really initialize it, when I start the app, the variable is already true, or whatever value i set it in a previous run of the test app.
The only way I can be sure for it to work is that I set the value of the variable to false when the screen starts.
I tried to wipe the cache of the companion app, force close it and nothing, still makes the bug.
It might be a problem of my specific app since I often clone the initializations of variables, maybe something went wrong at a certain point, but I made a test initializing a new variable with the same results.
I also see that it takes sometimes many minutes to update my companion app testing, like now, it’s been almost 10 minutes that I’m trying to refresh to see the new changes but the companion app doesn’t update