Using Google spreadsheet without Cloudstich?

Hello everyone, I’m building an app to make a inventory control. I tried to build it with airtable “spreadsheet”, but as some of you may know, airtable it’s not really a spreadsheet. I cannot set formulas on rows, nor can I reference a row. Since it’s a inventory control, i need to get the previous value that was writen, and add or subtract from that number everytime a text input is filled. I tried to use Cloudstich to use spreadsheet, but they where bought and have closed any sing up method on their plataform. is there any way to use an actual Spreadsheet to make a inventory control where the user, will fill the quantity and the price and then it can subtract and add those values to the last previuos value inpute ?

Hello,

I cannot set formulas on rows, nor can I reference a row

Where did you get information that can not be used in AirTable formula?

i got the information looking on web

on this post:

and from myself trying.

See you can only set a formula to a column whenever i create a new column i have to select if it will be text, numbers, formula etc… if i chose formula, the formula that i wrote in the column it’s going to be the same for all the lines in the column.

So let’s say i want to use it as an actual spreadsheet to control a inventory stock.

In the exemple i have in cell A1 my curent stock of 30 itens

______A
1_____30

and let’s say i will add 10 itens to the 30 total in an actual spreadsheet i can go on Cell A2 and write. =A1+10 and it will automaticaly give me the results

_______A
1______30
2 =A1+10

-press enter-

_______A
1______30
2______40

That simple count it’s praticaly impossible on airtable, because i can only set a formula to a colunm and i can’t just say "get value from line 2 and add this value, because it simply cant recognise “line” as a thing.

2 Likes

Yes, write the formula to a cell will not work. But maybe your problem can be solved otherwise.

In AirTable tables you will be a lot of records? Have you considered the possibility of calculations using Thunkable X?

You can load data from AirTable and already on the side of the app to perform calculations? I do not really understand it, what do you want the formula in the table, if all calculations can be done in the application?

1 Like

Yes, probably hundreds on a year, since it’s a inventory tool. But maybe i can use thunkable X i just don’t know how it could help me, since i’m building an app to make easier to control a company inventory.

The idea is to give the app the function to scan a barcode then get the number from the barcode and ask the user to input how many units he’s adding/subtracting, and the price. Then run some calculations i’ve learned on a economics class (these calculations beeing performed on the airtable or other spreadsheet) to display the results on a spreadsheet the user can always look it up. But if those calculations could be automaticaly done on the app, and just bring the results to air table that would be fine too.

In Thunkable X is a function of calculating the sum of the elements in the list. If you want to increase the amount of product, then you write the list of positive numbers, if you want to reduce the amount of product, then write a negative number.

You’re right. These convenient view in tabular format, but you can easily get it from any data format, which works Thuinkable X. To do this, you need to update data in AirTable (or Firebase) after each operation.

Your task is similar to the stock program, and it is quite a difficult task, which needs to be reference books, documents, transactions, and others. Try to start on a piece of paper to describe and draw all the actions that need to be done in the application. Without this it will be very difficult to create an application:

1. catalog goods - which fields are needed (name, bar code, price, currency, unit of measure, etc.).

2. Catalog of documents - which fields are needed (a unique number, date, name of the person who last worked with the document)

3. Document Invoice (to add goods) - for adding an item opens the document form an incoming consignment note. Further scans the bar code of the goods. If an item in the item is not present, open form of the addition product in the directory. If there is a product in the directory of goods, the link to it is added to the document and the operator enters the number. After performing all the operations of the document is saved.

4. Document Sales Invoice - as well as paragraph 3

And this is not the complete structure. Someone can make a mistake when you change the number and will need it as a remedy.

You need to think very carefully over the data structure. Otherwise you may have either too easy or too difficult. I suggest you also look ready applications that solved similar to your task.

you can refer to this post…