User privacy concerns

Hello everyone!. I recently built an app as a project which allows users to uplaod files and sort those files in a easy to view layout. The files are stored in form of stored variables and I have not set any blocks that allow me to access that data. In short, i kept the data user-specific and it is not on any database and users dont need to sign in either. Keeping this in mind, I had question if any thunkable employee or worker or admin has access to those files. Thanks In advance!

@hardiksukhnandankldx Thanks for reaching out about this. If your project is private, other users on Thunkable will not be able to access the project unless you give them the URL. As for our staff, we are going into user’s projects unless we are specifically working with them for support help.

Having said all of that, if you are keeping sensitive information about your users in your app, I really would recommend setting up a secure backend for storing that data.

So, you mean to say that thunkable staff does not view or use app user data? And u suggested I use a secure backend for that data, any like recommendations or suggestions for such configurations?
Thanks for replying! Appreciate the response!

We are not viewing or using app user data. Feel free to refer to our Privacy Policy here for more information about any data we do collect.

In terms of backend data, many of our users have lots of success using Xano as a backend or Firebase. There is a really nice Xano tutorial on YouTube that we did with our friends at NoCodeDevs last year, I highly recommend it.

For using Firebase, I would start by checking our Docs here, this doc goes through how to add Sign-up/sign-in with Firebase. There are also a ton of topics in the Community about Firebase–you can click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner of your screen to search for them.

Alright great! Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.