Thunkable X very slow BLE

I am testing my Thunkable X program at the bare minimums using only the BLE Blocks: Scan, Connect, two Receive (String) and Disconnect. It will display the numbers it receives to two Labels on the display. It is receiving ascii which simulates Oil Pressure and Coolant Temperature from two potentiometers on an Arduino Nano 33 BLE.
Everything works great when I use my cell phone LG L164VL with Android 7.0 and Bluetooth 4.2 using a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ MSM8917 1.4 GHz Quad-Core processor with 1.5 GB RAM.
When I try my RCA RCT6873W42 7” Tablet with Android 6.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 using a 1.2GHz quad-core processor with 1GB DDR it is very, very slow. It usually takes 10 to 20 seconds to update the oil or cool readings while my cell phone does it in a fraction of a second. The Tablet will take two minutes when I hit the Disconnect button.
When I test my Tablet with the nRF Connect app I can get a new reading in an instant when I push the Read button.
It looks like the Tablet is only slow when using the Thunkable X program. I did download my Thunkable X test program and use it as an app to eliminate any Wi-Fi problems (also turned off the Tablet Wi-Fi).
Is it normal for Thunkable X to be slow using Bluetooth 4.0? Is 4.1 better or should I stay with 4.2 or newer? I want to be able to recommend an older and cheaper Tablet which would have an older version of Bluetooth but still work for this project. Thanks in advance for any help.