Thunkable Classic is Retiring -- What you need to know

Hi @ejhonathan,

Thunkable X actually has more features than Classic and that number is growing every day.

This list was compiled in November and if you take a look at our #Announcements you’ll see that a lot has been released since then, and we have some amazing new features scheduled for release this month too. :wink:

If you have a specific feature in mind, please let us know as there might be a different name or a different way of doing it in X.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Saludos a todos, soy nuevo en la plataforma thunkable, tengo proyectos creados en otras plataformas y deseo importarlos a esta, sin embargo, en mi navegador no se muestra la barra superior. Adjunto una imagen. Gracias y espero alguien pueda ayudarme.

only 9 days before it stops service. countdown

1 Like

friend, I have projects in the thunkable classic…how can I access it?

1 Like

log in now before that countdown expires and copy all your projects to thunkable x but you need a existing account

1 Like

Access them, use the “download app project (aia) to my computer”

You can then move to App Inventor (which is missing components you may need) or to Kodular (which actually has more).
You CANNOT convert or upload an aia file into “thunkable X”.

Kodular may require some tweaking as some objects may have a different number of arguments, but it will be 95%+ compatible from the get go.

3 Likes

Will I Be Able To Login To Thunkable Classic With My Thunkable X Account?

I think this is the right thing to do and i agree with what they are saying.

ps. @virajkhanna4ade welcome to the community

I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the Classic Android platform, built on App Inventor. I remember in sophomore year of high school in March of 2016 when I was using MIT App Inventor to build my first social media app Contact Lens when I got an email from Thunkable about the platform being almost the same as App Inventor except more scalable and with material design built in.

My latest app StartShare was written in Thunkable X - PRO, so I can publish it as a native android app or a web app. Though Classic Android brings back a lot of nostalgia, it’s clear X is a better dev suite, and I’m excited to see what Thunkable does to improve it further.

1 Like

Dear developer team.

How about app which is already built in thunkable classic (and already in playstore), Could it still be worked normally ?
For my app, it connects with many realtime databases/projects (in Firebase) So if i don’t want to update to thunkable x, does my app still work normally?

Treerapot

Hey @treerapot3g :wave:

Can you share a link to your project in the Playstore please?

Thanks!