Text to speech - no sound on some phones

Hi!

I made a simple app with text to speech. So it is working good but two people say: it doesn’t work for him.
They have phones like this: Samsung Galaxy A53 and Samsung S21 FE.

For many people, the application works without problems. What could be their problem? Phone settings? Android version?

Did you just puplish the app to play store or just download the APK? Which method do you use to share with people?

Only APK, shared with google drive.

If you share the apk, after many installation it will have problems. I have that problem too. My app is web viewer when I shared it to many people after many people installation the web viewer it mot working. So the better way is publishing the app to play store or app store.

This is a simple application that does not perform any external communication. It displays the names of Tai Ji form exercises, and when clicked, it pronounces the name in Chinese. On another page, there are Chinese numbers from 1 to 10, and when the button is clicked, it pronounces the number in Chinese.
I don’t understand why it doesn’t work on some phones (it seems to be the case with Samsung devices).

Which phone are you using?
Is this gone work in your phone?
If you share the APK to many people, some features not gone work.

Are there any restrictions on sharing? I do not use any data communication or web content.
Since the first sharing, several people have already tried the application. I just tested it on two of my colleagues’ phones. It worked on one, but not on the other (Samsung). So, I don’t think the number of downloads of the application matters.
I found a minor issue; I accidentally left an empty Web API definition in the code, which I didn’t use (I was just looking at how to use it). I have now removed it. I’ve also shortened the name of the application. I’m out of ideas on what else to check that might be causing the problem.

Working on: Poco NFC X3, Honor 90 lite, Huawei Mate 20 lite, Xiaomi Redmi 9c, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s,

Do not working on: Samsung A52, Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy A53, Samsung A22, Samsung S21 FE, Huawei Y5P

I will make an APK again in a few days and test it again.

Looks like you’re right. On my testing it is not working on galaxy j and s series. So let’s report

I reported this bug.

Answer:

The sound from the text-to-speech block can vary for each device.
If you want to always hear the same sound you could record it and upload it to a database and then use the play sound block with the URL of the sound.

I’m not happy :neutral_face:

ok