Templates for easier app development!

Hey Thunkers, today I want to introduce Templates!
All these templates are free to use! You use them anywhere you want, although I would love to get “Thank you!” :slight_smile:

These templates are based on Android Studio templates.

FAQ

WHAT?

You may ask “What is templates?”. Well, simply, templates are startup projects, meaning that you can, build upon them, change, modify and do whether you want with them.

WHY?

Also, some of you, would say “Why?”. My answer is simple too! Because, templates would help you to do the job easier, allowing you to work on different things.

HOW?

How? Why do you even ask that? Simply, just import following templates as projects to your Thunkable and start building app of tomorrow! To import a project, click following menu item:

WHAT IS MASTER/DETAIL FLOW?

A master/detail flow is an interface design concept whereby a list of items (referred to as the master list) is displayed to the user. On selecting an item from the list, additional information relating to that item is then presented to the user within a details panel.

I CANNOT UPLOAD "Google AdMob Ads Activity"

Note, that you can use AdMob Banner component only in http://beta.thunkable.com/

WHERE SHOULD I PUT MY COMPONENTS?

In every single project there is an arrangement called “Frame”. You should put your own components inside it!

TEMPLATES

Notice: I worked on every single template very hard. Don’t think that for example “Empty Activity” is just 1 minute job!

Empty Activity

Empty Activity brings you ActionBar, but without “MORE” menu!
This activity hides your current Title Bar and replaces with another one, which is inside a WebViewer!

EmptyActivity.aia (2.0 KB)

Blank Activity

Blank Activity brings you FloatingActionButton & Snackbar!
This activity brings a FloatingActionButton in bottom-right corner with on click listener. When user clicks button, Snackbar pops up! Thanks to @pavi2410, @Sander0542, @Andres_Cotes for extensions.

BlankActivity.aia (28.4 KB)

Fullscreen Activity

Fullscreen Activity brings you ActionBar, but without “MORE” menu! Plus, it hides System UI (Status bar, Navigation bar)!
This activity hides your current Title Bar and replaces with another one, which is inside a WebViewer. Also, it hides your System UI (Status Bar, Navigation Bar)! Thanks to @Taifun for extension!

FullscreenActivity.aia (18.6 KB)

Google AdMob Ads Activity

Google AdMob Ads Activity brings you AdMob Banner ad!
This activity adds AdMob banner component to your screen and brings a timer for loading ads! Read FAQ for more information.

GoogleAdMobAdsActivity.aia (1.6 KB)

Google Maps Activity

Google Maps Activity brings you hidden ActionBar & Google Map!
This activity gives you a freedom to geographical stuff with Google Map & it hides your ActionBar!

GoogleMapsActivity.aia (1.5 KB)

Login Activity

Login Activity brings you login screen user interface!
This activity brings you a simple login template, making job easier!

LoginActivity.aia (1.3 KB)

Master/Detail Flow

Master/Detail Flow brings you master list & detail arrangements!
This activity helps you to make Master list and Detail arrangements easier, but this template can be only in landscape mode. If you don’t know what Master/Detail flow means check out FAQ.

MasterDetailFlow.aia (2.3 KB)

Navigation Drawer Activity

Navigation Drawer Activity brings you FloatingActionButton, Snackbar, Side Drawer & custom ActionBar!
Best of all, we also introduce Navigation Drawer Activity! This activity has a side drawer, FloatingActionButton, which on click brings you a Snackbar & also custom ActionBar which has a menu button! Thanks to @pavi2410, @Sander0542, @Andres_Cotes for extensions & thanks to @Mika for side drawer which I have modified.

NavigationDrawerActivity.aia (31.8 KB)

Scrolling Activity

Scrolling Activity brings you FloatingActionButton, Snackbar & scrolling animation!
This activity gives you a header with FloatingActionButton sticked to it, which on click shows a Snackbar. Also, you can swipe up or down through screen to toggle status of Header, FloatingActionButton & Title! Thanks to @pavi2410, @Sander0542, @Andres_Cotes, @Mika.

ScrollingActivity.aia (46.8 KB)

Settings Activity

Settings Activity brings you settings screen user interface!
Settings activity gives you a simple settings template, but best of all, this extension features Flipswitches! Thanks to @Helios for extension.

SettingsActivity.aia (60.3 KB)

Tabbed Activity

Tabbed Activity brings you tabs!
This activity bring tabs to Thunkable! You can even navigate through easily! Tabbed activity template has enough stuff for doing amazing user experience.

TabbedActivity.aia (2.8 KB)

If you used any of these templates, please post your project down below or just tag me!
Regards, @ILoveThunkable, Happy Thunking! :wink:

66 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you so much

3 Likes

Can anyone try ScrollingActivity? Please compile/build ScrollingActivity application and test it on your phone. After that send screenshots of Screen.

3 Likes

Wow!!! That’s really great!!! Congrats @ILoveThunkable!!!

3 Likes

great!!! greatttt!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! very helpfull…!

2 Likes

@Phil_Rosa-Leeke, hey! As I know you are a beginner. Then I recommend trying out these templates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ILoveThunkable, would they be of any use to my idea if I end up just making an App for my web site, or just if I manage to get around in making it a stand alone App?

2 Likes

You can use for both things. If you want to make a website app, I recommend using Empty Activity & replace label with WebViewer. Also, you can use for standalone apps.

3 Likes

These look fantastic. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to trying them out! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@domhnallohanlon Thank you, if you can please try ScrollingActivity & post screenshots here.

1 Like

This is what it looks like for me.

3 Likes

Good! I made a formula, which should stick FloatingActionButton to a specific place (between header & canvas) according to the device size. I did make a formula, because FAB extension does not support margin by procents. It works! Please another person test this! If this work on other devices too, I move this project from experimental-phase. Thanks! Also, @domhnallohanlon, do you have another device, that you can test on?

1 Like

On my Nexus 5x:

1 Like

@Peter_Mathijssen
Have you modified ScrollingActivity font size formula? Because FAB & Header is in right place with perfect sizing.

1 Like

No didn’t modify anything. Screens are from companion app.

1 Like

Oh ok, I will need 1 more tester. Cause I am not sure, what’s the problem. In your images, I see something is wrong with Font Sizing formula. Thank you for testing.

1 Like

Why do you in one formula use pixelstodp and not in the others?

1 Like

Because FAB extension supports only DP unit. Also, Header supports only Pixels.

2 Likes