Supported hardware for Live Testing?

I just discovered your awesome platform, thanks!
I have been unable to get live testing working.
I am using a Gen 3 Ipad with 9.3.5 OS.
I just get a white screen when live testing.
I noticed you just got Ipads working a week ago.
Is the newest OS required?
I saw some others with the same problem, and they added navigation to the project.
That didn’t work for me. Also there is no way to reset the live testing like there is for the Android side.
I close the app and reopen but it won’t use the camera again unless I reboot the Ipad.
Should I be getting an Iphone?

Thanks
Jim

Update.

I tried an IPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.3
Same thing. Any test apps out there I could try?
I made the simplest of apps with a drawer navigator, a screen and a button.
Nothing but a white screen in live test.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for trying out live testing on iOS. I’m sorry it’s not working for you. Just to be clear, are you seeing the initial screen of on the live testing app which allows you to capture the barcode? If so, is the camera registering the barcode and then displaying the blank screen that you are referring to?

By the way, you should be able to reset the live testing app by closing the app, double-clicking on the home button and killing the app by swiping it up and out.

-Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I am capturing the barcode with the camera through the app, then getting the white screen.

Thanks for the tip on swiping it away. I can reset it now, just not see the test app.

Jim

Could my issue possibly be a permissions issue with the phone and Ipad?
Both devices were borrowed/no longer used devices that had accounts on them already.
I added my acct. to the phone and Ipad, but it isn’t the main account on the phone.
Is this a possibility?

I test it every few days, but no change so far. Obviously it is working for other people so the issue must be on my end.
Anything else I could try? Is there a small test app that could be downloaded or emailed to me?

Thanks

Jim

Jim

Are you saying that you are having problems with both an iPad and an iPhone? If so, what version of the iPhone are you using? Also, is it possible that you are having wifi connection issues? That would interfere with Live Testing.

-Mark

Mark,

IPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.3
Yes I have Wifi. It is a deactivated phone so wifi is all I have.

Thanks
Jim

Mark,

It just started working and I don’t know why.
I tried it in Firefox instead, and then deleted the Drawer Navigator. Changed a color on my one and only button and it showed up?

Thanks
Jim

That’s great to hear, Jim! What browser (and version) were you using before? If you go back to that browser does it still not work?

It also could be an issue with the way we handle the Drawer Navigator. Do you remember what component, if any, that you had selected when you saw the blank screen? Was it the Navigator, the Screen, the Button or none of the above?

-Mark

Mark,

OK more info.
I was messing with two simple apps.
I just retried both in Chrome. The one that was working yesterday in Firefox works in Chrome.
The other does not.

Here is the screen shot of the non-working one.

Jim

Mark,

Just retested in Firefox. One works the other doesn’t.
So it isn’t the browser.

Jim