[Superpost] How can I download a .ipa file of my app from Thunkable?

yes read what he said

he need to read what he is asking

Friend, it is called IPA not APK.
That may help you find the right guide.

1 Like

So how to get that

You can download the app to your phone by pressing the download option in the top right.
After a few mins an email will come to you and you can install it onto your phone.

When do you thunk we can download an ipa rather than test flight?

You can now download the .ipa file:

There should be a way to open an .ipa file and for it to show on the screen to download .ipa apps on ios

Hi @idk_whxt_hxppened, welcome to the Community.

You can download the .ipa directly to your iOS device through a direct download link, which works when opened in Safari on an iOS device. See Thunkable Docs.

In regards to opening an .ipa file, you cannot get the raw .ipa file from Thunkable. Don’t quote me on this but to my knowledge Apple has set out very strict policies for no-code platforms like Thunkable on downloading/live-previewing apps. A perfect example of this is that the live preview app for iOS only covers 70%* of the screen.

Is there any ways to get .ipa file to distribute by firebase or etc…?

Hi @master, this has been asked and answered several times in the community already.

This is not permitted.

1 Like

I created a simple app for a group of parents from a school, how can I distribute the iOS app to them since I do not have a developer account on the applestore? How can I get the .ipa file that I can share and install as a business app?

Hey,

you will need a developer account also to be able to enroll business apps… Unfortunately that is due to Apples restricted policies for apps and their operating system…

best, Chris

2 Likes

Thanks, but when downloading the iOS app you could not already have a .ipa file that you can share just as you do with the .apk files of android? @wei @powerthunker what are you telling me?

Hey @Comitato_Genitori_Ma Just share the link in your email. It is said to be usable only once but all of them can install the app from that very link. However, if you wish to make an “official” app, Appstore is your only way out.

Nice day :slight_smile:

You cannot install .ipa files to an iPhone like you can install .apk files to Android - the iPhone only allows signed apps to be installed.

The other replies are correct. The download link is for testing purpose and you can’t share it with others. Please pay for the $99 Apple developer program fee and I am happy to help you get it published in the store.

Thanks,
Wei

1 Like

@wei, I would pay without problems if the app was for everyone, but it is an app for parents of a school and I do it as a hobby, spending € 99 seems to me a waste. I found this solution, it will not be optimal but fulfills my needs: I’ll make the ipa file available and the user does not have to do anything else but upload it to https://www.diawi.com/ to generate a downloadable link, then he only has to to make the developer Rappidly Inc “trustworthy” as described in your procedure

1 Like

Hi, how do you download the ipa file? thunkable does not allow it …

How do you find and download the ipa file? I am in a very similar situation and this has helped tremendously. Thank you!