Struggling to connect to Firebase

Cloud Variables

Firebase Connection issue: Check API key and Database URL. Refer to our docs for more information.

I get this everytime i try to connect my app to Firebase. I have tried on 4 different projects. I have started from scratch each time. With two different profiles. Same results. I have tried to copy another project and add my API key and Database URL. I have tried ChatGPT and Copilot. I am desperate

I have followed the user manual/Thunkable Doc

Hi ama-hjelp6rgu77, welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

Be sure to check out How to ask Great Questions v2.0, the Community Guidelines, and our Getting Started Guide to make the best of your Thunkable Community experience!

If you feel comfortable doing so, could you send a screenshot of your Firebase Settings and your project settings to me (in a private dm)?

i cant seem to figure out where i can dm

If you click on my username, a pop-up shows up. You can then click the blue message button to send a private message.

I just did it last week(US based) and it worked perfectly. So if you are still stuck let me know I can redo a sample code and share it. What I have observed is many of these interfaces change quite often and its side affects manifests in different ways depending on your global location. If you are in US mostly everything works if you are in Asia/India issues crop up. I coach kids in India and we have faced it many times.