Speech Recognition can not work

Speech Recognition can not work with new version Thunkable.

1 Like

can you give more info?
What kind of error do you get?

Have you tried the expanded version to show the error from the block?

The error is “speech to text is not available on this device”.

1 Like

You need to install Text to speech service in your phone or if already available then activate it.

I reinstalled Text to speech service, it was still not working.

Muneer Alshaikh via Community <thunkable1@discoursemail.com> 於 2021年9月23日 週四 下午7:55寫道:

1 Like

I remember that 10% of the students had encountered this problem with android phones in class before, but I never encountered it until this time.

1 Like

Can you check that your Android phone actually responds to OK Google?

This is the first step to see that the speech recognition is active on the device.

OK Google is ok!
Later, I used Gboard to replace Speech Recognition, but I still regret that I cannot complete all the functions on the app.

1 Like

It is obvious that the issue is not Thunkable but the speech recognition service in the mobile.

You can ask a friend to test the app in a different mobile while you check how to activate the service in your device.

1 Like

Because every year when teaching this unit, some students have this problem with their mobile phones. This time even my mobile phone has this problem, so I want to take this opportunity to find out the real solution.

1 Like

It is working on my phone this is why I cannot help. Will try to see the phones of others in the family and if one is not working then I will try to see how to activate it.

Hi muneer, could you please help on this issue here? I encounter same problem and have no clue how to fix ?

How can I do speech to text? The phone pop-up to ask permission but nothing happend - Questions about Thunkable / Issues / Bugs - Community